SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

CPU Usage for Screen Redraws is excessive

Whenever doing anything in the Jaikoz UI, the CPU spikes - editing a field, or even just waving my cursor over the screen will peg one core for as long as I wave the mouse. If I’m playing a track, it will stutter because of this, making it very hard to review tracks. It’s like the CPU is doing all the UI drawing, not the GPU.

Running the latest (4.6.3 NGS), Pro license.
Machine is Core 2 E6600/2.4GHz, Win 7 x64, 8GB RAM. CPU w/o Jaikoz is < 10%. GPU is nVidia GeForce 510 with 512MB RAM.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Are you using split screen view (View/Show View Pane) that can slow things down a bit, how many files do are you displaying in the main panel ?

This happens with or without the (split) View Pane.

I have also turned off the Column Browser - no effect.

Is this resolved in Jaikoz 5.0.0 ?

Maybe - the CPU is fine when I’m moving my cursor over the window, but I have a new issue, which I posted into a new topic - this is a copy below…

If I paste a cell value directly into a cell (ie without text editing it), the CPU spikes to 100% for 15-18 seconds, then returns to 0 until I change another cell. This happens for the Artist, Title, and Album fields, at least.

BUT…testing further:

• if I paste into the cell (ie, not editing it as a text entry field), then it DOES spike
  • if I edit the title field and type or paste text in, this does NOT spike
  • editing the Artist field is different - it still spikes the CPU when I hit Enter
  • just doing a copy of the whole cell (not in edit mode) sometimes seems to spike it for a very long time

Clicking around, highlighting cells does not spike the CPU.

FYI I have 20K files loaded into 5.1.1 64 bit, using 1.2GB (out of 8GB). Core2Duo E6600. Files sorted by Artist.

I tried on x32 version, no problems - seems to only be x64. Did not have a problem with 5.0.0 or 4.6.3.

Thanks

Do you have any assisted interfaces enabled, i.e for bad eyesight, hearing ectera.

Just verified - no user assistive settings are enabled.