SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Correction from MusicBrainz takes quite long.

Hi Paul,

I’m sitting here watching Jaikoz fetching the the Tags from MusicBrainz and I was wondering, why this takes quite a while.

I don’t know your code, but I think it is done this way.
Create IDs -> fetch Info -> write -> next file

But since the Inet is quite slow and requesting takes some time, wouldnt it be better to fetch all Info in one thread, while the other writes the stuff to the files? Basicly a pool with the Info is created by the one thread, and the other just asks I there is anything in the pool yet and if the other thread is still fetching.
I think this can already be done after the ID was created.

Maybe this can speed up things.

Cheers
Benjamin

There is a mandatory limit of one request per second from Musicbrainz,this is the main slowing mechanism. Jaikoz doesnt save the changes the to file (except when getting an acoustic id) anyway at that point because you should check the changes made before saving your files.

When you do come to save your files, saving is multithreaded to allow for delays when waiting for file I/O

Thank you for the explanation.

I was just thinking about how to make Jaikoz more efficent and since I currently have such a subject at University I was speaking my mind. But you have a point why it is this way.

Cheers
Benjamin