SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

correct sub folder - only one/two songs

Hi there! Although I have searched the forum I couldn’t find an answer to this …
I am using the “correct sub folder from metadata” in Jaikoz to sort files and would like to know how to sort any non album (empty) or 1/2 songs albums into a “various” folder so that I don’t find my HDD filled in with 1/2 songs folders.
I am sure this is possible but don’t know anything about javascript so thx for your help! :slight_smile:

David

Paul? Still there? :smiley:

Hi, sorry been away a few days I don’t really understand what you mean could you try explaining it in more detail please.

what I am after Paul is the a way to sort single files that might come from various different albums in a single folder as opposed to 1 folder per album and therefore per file which would result into many 1 single file folders.

Hoping that explains it better
Cheers

Sort of, I think you need to just remove the album part from the folder mask you are using in Preferences:File and Folder Correct:Correct SubFolder from Metadata

ok thx Paul, I’ll try that as soon as my current process ends and I’ll send you a feedback

Cheers
David

Hi Paul, so…If I remove the album part from the folder mask then it doesn’t sort complete albums into their album folders which isn’t what I’m aiming for…

If albums are complete with all of the album songs then it should sort these songs into one album folder named after the album title.
If found albums only have parts of its song list (like only 2 or 3 songs from this album) it should place them into a “Various Artists” folder.

This will result in having a list of full albums folders and 1 folder called “Various artists” containing songs of various incomplete albums.

I tried:
ifnotempty (tracktotal >3 ? album + folderseparator: ‘various’) + (disctotal>1 ? discno + folderseparator : ‘’)

But the result gives me:
Boy/Undefined

As I said I do not have any javascript knowledge…

thx

Hi, please try this instead

(tracktotal>3 ? artist: 'various')  + folderseparator +  (disctotal>1 ? discno + folderseparator : '')