SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Correct folder/subfolder from tags

Hi Paul,

I am using the action correct filename from tags quiet frequently and it works fine. I tried to use correct subfolder from tags but this is not working. I checked the settings and figured that in the menu file and folder correction it is possible to define rename mask for correct filename from tags and visa versa but not for correct subfolder from tags.

How can I make this working? Thanks

Kind Regards,

Peter

The Rename Mask you select is for both the sub folder and the filename part, then Correct Sub Folders from Metadata uses the mask upto the last ‘/’, and Correct Filenames from Metadata uses everything after the last ‘/’

So in this example we can see that Correct Sub Folders from Metadata should create Album Artist and Album folders, whereas Correct Filenames from Metadata should create filename with Discno - Trackno - Title

So I guess your problem is you have created a mask without any ‘/’ and therefore this will lead to Sub Folder being set to nothing, this is almost the complete opposite of this problem

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your message. I understand the logic now. But I still struggle a bit. What I would like to do is the following:

The Rename Mask for the sub folder part is "AlbumArtistorArtist/Album“ and the Rename Mask for the filename part is "/Track - Title“ together it looks like this: "AlbumArtistorArtist/Album/Track - Title“. The result is:

sub folder: Ilse DeLange/Dear John

filename: 02 - Child Of The Wild Blue Yonder.mp3

But the filename of all my tracks should look like this: 02 Child Of The Wild Blue Yonder.mp3

I could not find a way to get rid of the „-„ in the filename. I tried all kind of versions like this for example "AlbumArtistorArtist/Album/Track Title“ but it is not working. Can you please tell me how the filename part mask must look like to get to this filename: 02 Child Of The Wild Blue Yonder.mp3. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Peter

Each filename mask has a name and I think you are just modifying the name, this will have zero effect. You need to select mask and then Edit to actually modify the mask itself