SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Correct Filename from Tags - Appears to hang - any verbose logging?

It’s been awhile since I began cleaning my collection.

I have roughly 1000 tracks in a misc downloads folder. After running them through various Jaikoz steps (and saving along the way), I decide to commit and as one of the final steps, “Correct Filename From Tags”. It appears to hang, but knowing that with large numbers of files, it might just need time, I leave it overnight.

It never gets past stage 1 of analyzing the columns.

So I hit cancel and it never seems to recover. So I quit the application and it tells me I have unsaved changes and do I wish to save. Yes I do.

I see some files have indeed been changed which is interesting as it never seems to get past stage 1 yet was able to perform enough operations to change some files.

So I try with a smaller subset. This time it is about 160 files.

Same thing happens. I think some file may be giving Jaikoz fits but I would really not like to play the “divide and conquer” game to try and figure it out.

Any verbose logging that might be able to help me here?

Mac Pro - 6GB RAM

So far, I have been going through with the divide and conquer technique “okay lets run through all the bands that start with T through Z…[wait]…okay now N through S…” Now up to the Bs and still no issue.

Looks like it was with some Artist beginning with A. Ha! Of course it would be the last ones I try…

Weird. discovered some flac files were giving it fits. ended up deleting them.

Good analysis, but if you still have the files somewhere I’d aprreciate it if you could send me one so I could fix the issue.

yeah I thought of that…after I deleted them and emptied the trash… :frowning:

The problem was that after several attempts some of the flacs had lost all their information and were named null.mp3.tmp, null(1).mp3.tmp, etc…

since these were bootlegs of a concert from glastonbury, there wasn’t much information about them except what was in the filename and when it was renamed to null I didn’t know what they were and so they weren’t that good to me anymore. I wasn’t thinking about what value they’d have to you to see what oddities jaikoz had uncovered.

I might be able to run a data recovery tool but as there have been lots of file activity due to me moving files around to break up my tagging tasks into more manageable batches, I fear they are really gone.