SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Correct Artist/composer name by matching with MusicBrainz db

I have a lot of low-budget classical cd’s that I have converted to MP3 format. The ripping application has roughly tagged these albums with FreeDB data.

I started tagging those in Jaikoz, but soon found out these albums are generally not available in MB. The autocorrect function messes these up quite badly, because it tends to match tracks with more or less random versions of other artists performing the same track.

So my routine now is to run all ‘local correct’ actions on them, and manually correct what’s necessary.

Then I wondered: would it be possible to correct the artist/composer/performer names by matching them with MB, without matching the album itself? That would at least save me the trouble of having to correct these manually, and it gives me consistent naming.

Well you could try setting the values of the fields you don’t want to change to Never Alter in these preferences Remote Correct:MusicBrainz:Format and Format 2 and Remote Correct:Discogs

But Im not really sure oif this will work as you hope

Well, the issue is that composer/artists/album artist/etc. are spelled in different ways, so I have for example:

WA Mozart
W.A. Mozart
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

What I’d like to see is Jaikoz acting as a spell check by matching these names with MB. This could work because AFAIK MB enforces the use of a single spelling for each artist/composer. Jaikoz could probably match these names only, there’s no need to match the track or disc itself.
This would help me immensely in cleaning up my MP3 collection.

Well you can try my suggestion but Jaikoz has to match to a track even if it doesn’t actually update the track fields, that how it works.