SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Confused and Uncertain - Jaikoz or SonKong

I’ve read some stuff I found on the internet generally, but I still don’t really know the difference between the two programs.

I get that SongKong is designed to be easier to use, more automatic, but with the same dup checking. I have Similarity and I have used Picard. But I still have a huge mess of tens of thousands of mp3 and aac songs, all jumbled, some probably in bad shape (Similarity tells me), and some good.

I am trying to make sense of the mess, and really what I am trying to do is create folders for each year, e.g. 1970, 1971, and then just dump songs for that year into the respective year’s folder. I don’t care what album something is on, and I definitely don’t want dups, or partial songs, or karaoke, or yet another of the infinite versions of John Denver’s Country Roads. I also don’t want to spend a lot of time, although I guess once much of the slop is sorted out, I can compare in “Analyze” in Similarity which of two ones I would prefer, based on AAC being better, on high bit rate being better, etc.

But I can’t do it for every song.

I also want accuracy, but I don’t care, as I said, which track, as long as the song is correctly labeled.

Which of these, Jaikoz or SongKong, woudl be better for me?

Thanks.

SongKong, actually SongKong deduping is better than Jaikoz, read with videos more at http://www.jthink.net/songkong/duplicates.jsp