SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Combining a series of CDs so they appear as a single ?box set?

I have a series of CDs from a box set which when scanned through SongKong appear as 5 independent CDs. There are pieces that straddle more than one CD. I would like to cluster the separate tracks together to form coherent ?pieces?. So if select say a symphony -it picks up the 4 tracks and they are seen together rather than at the moment seen as a piece with 2 movements on one CD and then seen as a separate piece with the same name an 2 different tracks on another CD
It there is something written as a ?how to? sheet on this could you please direct me to it
Many thanks
Mark

Difficult to force such a match in SongKong. Is the Box Set release actually in MusicBrainz in which case you could load the songs then use Action:Match to Songs:Match to a specified MusicBrainz Album

If doing manualy you need to ensure Album field set the same for all, and then Disc no and Track no fields set correctly.

I am not sure that it is a ?true box set? could I just make those changes in JaikOz and get that effect?

Probably, depends on exactly how you are using really

Hi Paul

Thanks - is there any written guidance for this sort of thing you could direct me to?

Also if I get it wrong is there a way of undoing it?

Thanks

Hi Paul

I have been in through JaikOz and done this Manually - works really well as long as you are systematic in the approach

Thanks again

M

Okay great, yes there no instructions specific to this, but just about anything can be changed in Jaikoz.