SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Close Files then Open Files

If you open a folder or specific files, then use the File - Close Files option, you cannot Open those files again. Jaikoz seems to think they are still open.

Only fix is to close Jaikoz and reopen it. Seems to be just a very minor bug.

I have done this several times already without problems…

I tried because when you open a directory of files a number of files appear directly as modified (the version field has changed). However when I save the files, close the files and open the same directory again the version field is again marked as changed!

Really !, can you send me a screenshot

I see the problem now - Im suprised this hasnt come up before. You have changed the ID3v1 Save Settings from the default ‘Save As’ to ‘v1.1’. But when you save the records any record which do not have a track number just have a null character written to them, no errors occur when saving so the display assumes the files were written correctly and updates the display accordingly without reading the tag data again because this would introduce an unacceptable delay. When reading the tags the only way one can distinguish between an ID3v1.0 and ID3v1.1 tag is that a v11tag has a null terminator and then a track number, so if there is no track number and there is no comment it will be read as a v1.0 tag. More information at http://www.id3.org/ID3v1.

Im not sure about the best way to get round this maybe I should drop the distinction between v1.0 and v1.1 ?

Ah!

I thought to be smart and write a 0 to the track field to solve this “no bug, but bugging” thingy. This does not work, apparently the track nr must be non-zero. Adding a comment also does not work

But now at least I know the reason why it’s happening. Thanks
I will simply change my preferences for the V1 tags

I think you guys stumbled upon a different bug.

Regarding what I experienced, I am able to consistently reproduce the problem I initially mentioned in this thread.

Create a folder with multiple sub folders containing tracks. Open Jaikoz and do a File - Add Files of this top folder. Make sure you include sub folders in the scan.

Jaikoz will open all the files just fine. Now do a File - Close Files. Everything closes fine.

Without exiting Jaikoz, do an Add Files again and choose only one of the sub folders. Jaikoz will report that you already have the parent folder open and that you cannot open files twice even though you closed the files.

Is this a bug?

Hi, ok bug reproduced , Ill try to fix for next release.

This is fixed in Jaikoz 1.11