SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Check for updates

Hi,

I was about to update from Jaikoz 9.0.1 e decided to check for updates from inside the program itself. The small window said that I have the latest version installed. See screenshot.

I cannot test this feature on the latest 9.1.0 for obvious reasons…

– NCF

Okay, please just download the latest version from the website and install over the top.

Hi Paul,

I downloaded manually the latest version. I just thought you would like to know that a small fix is needed. I’m a firmware programmer myself, so I depend on others to point me issues to be fixed in my work.

Regards.

HI, yes thanks but if it is a bug in 9.0.1 and we are now on 9.1.0 the moment to fix it has gone.

Paul, I understand what you said, but think with me: if the feature is to check for the next update, we - users - will never have the chance to verify if that feature is working on the latest version, because it checks for updates and the latest version never has next update available to test.

The only chance to report errors on such feature is by testing in a previous release, and not on the latest one. If no one reported before, chances are that this error has migrated to the latest version.

Does it make sense to you?

Cheers!

Sure, possibly but that wasn’t the issue in this case.