SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Changing files on network volume

Hi,

I am the lucky owner of an Apple Timecapsule and I store my music collection on the time capsule and wirelessly stream it to my Macbook.
I can load songs into Jaikoz and do any changes I want, but when I want to save it to the files, I get errors. Can Jaikoz not save to network drives? It might be a permission problem, even though timecapsule has read/write permission for everyone.

oh, btw, how do you change one value one several files? Sometimes musicbrainz update the same cd with several different album names - this happens especially with compilations - how do you batch change all the values in one column to a value entered by you?
A great feature would be if each line in a column would present a drop down menu with the values in the column so that you can just select several files and choose from the drop down value in one line and change them all.

Thanks for you help.

[quote=mhage]Can Jaikoz not save to network drives? It might be a permission problem
[/quote]
Hi yes it can but there was a problem writing to some NAS devices that didnt support file locking, could you try the beta please this has a fix which I think will solve your problem. See OSX fixes at the end of this page.
http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/beta/start.jsp

Select one field with the correct value and copy and paste to to the other fields.