SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Changing Characters to standard ASCII characters

So, why don’t you write to SAGE TV that they implement the special characters to the remote control…
or pay the $100 USD for a customisation of Jaikoz.

[quote=Alfg]So, why don’t you write to SAGE TV that they implement the special characters to the remote control…
or pay the $100 USD for a customisation of Jaikoz.[/quote]

To have SageTV re-create remote controls (hardware) with special keys would not be realistic.

As for the 100 bucks, we are talking about a very simple thing here. The software already has it for File names, it’s just extending it to tag names.

MP3Tag has this feature in an enahanced format and MP3Tag is FREE. I already put a good chunck of change into Jaikoz thank you.

[quote=joe123]
To have SageTV re-create remote controls (hardware) with special keys would not be realistic.

As for the 100 bucks, we are talking about a very simple thing here. The software already has it for File names, it’s just extending it to tag names.

MP3Tag has this feature in an enhanced format and MP3Tag is FREE. I already put a good chunck of change into Jaikoz thank you. [/quote]

Clearly SAGE are not going to change the hardware just because you request it, but surely your realise its not realistic for you to expect me to priortitise a request from one user over requests made by multiple users. Also this relatively simple change still involves me deciding quite how it is going to work, adding preferences, then changing the code to use these new preferences, thats probably going to take me half a day in total.

Although one important piece of work which I have yet to do would be adding scripting/plugin support for Jaikoz then other devlopers/users could add functionality they would like that I havent provided myself.

But the SAGE Use Case is a more compelling then your original request, so I can see this being more useful to other users than first seemed so I will bump it up a bit but to be honest I still have alot of other things to do that take priority.

The fact that you have a workaround using Mp3Tag should mean this is not such a problem for you. Of course Jaikoz has many features that MP3Tag does’t have, its not really practible for one piece of software to have every single good feature that is available in simailr software.

Hi joe123!

the thing with that “special” character is, that lots of charakters (�, �, �, �, �, �) can have
such a little string on top (that is called acute accent) so there is no need to have a special character,
just type the acute accent (on my keyboard on top right) before you type the character
that you want to have it on. (and do not mix it up with the " ’ " Apostroph (like in: it’s to late or: rock’n’roll)

Same thing with the tilde ~ in: Se�or
or: � = a with Zirkumflex

My personal opinion ist that a search for “a” should find the “�” too

Hi.

The problem is that for those of us with MP3 music on devices which do not have a special keyboard, we cannot locate any song with any type of special character.

For me, SageTV is one of those cases. Also, for my family members, we all use normal keyboards and it’s the same problem unless you happen to remember the keyboard translation option or have a special keyboard.

Hi. I am getting back into correcting my music collection.

Checking to see if this still holds as I really need a character correction option on this program.

Best,
Joseph

Sorry, nothing has been done for this yet.

What is the cost from you to do this?

This is an essential function available from most other tagging program and I like to stay with this one only.

Lets take this offline.please email support@jthink.net your propsal and examples of how its wotrk in two other applications since I have not noticed widespread support for this.

Jaikoz does have the ability to simplify filenames, but metadata is not usually a problem although I can see could be issue with your TV/remote control application although I would have thought it would ignore accents when searching.