SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Changing album titles to include [] doesn't change iTunes

I’ve been trying the iTunes Autoupdate function with small changes, and it appears to work for me (I changed some track names in Jaikoz, and those track names were automatically changed in iTunes).

Then I decided to get ambitious, and change 203 album names to include []'s instead of ()'s (i.e. from (2008 MFSL) to [2008 MFSL]). Jaikoz appeared to process the changes (it slowly counted up until it reached 203), but the changes never got to iTunes. The playlist I had Jaikoz create with the changes is empty, and my initial Smart Playlist to identify the changes still shows the original tracks.

I’m wondering if either I processed too many tracks at one time, or that Jaikoz (or iTunes) has problems with brackets ( [] ) in the titles. I don’t think it’s an iTunes problem, since I have many more []'s in titles that I’ve put there myself from within iTunes. Under Preferences > Save > iTunes Autoupdate I have all the boxes checked. I know the iTunes Autoupdate function works for me, since I did it before (albeit with just a small amount of files).

Paul, I’ve created support files out of the run and sent them to you (the email has the subject set to the same as this thread). If you get a chance to look at them, I’d appreciate it.

Happy New Year bump!

Hi, I think you raised a problem about iTunes Updating not working properly and I stated that it was because you had used a symbolic link to link to your iTunes library, if thats still the case you’ll have a problem with updating files because Jaikoz wont be able to find the reference to them in iTunes.

Hi,

So sometimes it will work, and sometimes not? Before this problem I successfully updated many dozens of tracks in the iTunes database. That’s when I decided to try for a larger number of tracks, which indeed failed.

Your symbolic link to iTunes issue next in my list to look at, then I should be able to give you a definitive answer. In the meantime if you want everything to work as expected I would revert back to a non symbolic linked library.

Thanks Paul, I’ll do that.