SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

can't uninstall after trial expired

I’m unable to uninstall Jaikoz. I had installed the trial version, but ended up using it once and then getting too busy and forgetting about it, so it lapsed back in March. Since I didn’t really get to try it out (and since the one evening I used it, it misidentified a number of songs I was trying to fill track information for), I decided to uninstall it. However, attempting to run the uninstaller runs the jaikoz executable with the jar as a parameter. Since the trial has lapsed, the license check pops up first thing, and canceling out of that kills the process. Since no entry was put into the control panel, there’s now no automated way to uninstall. I don’t want to merely delete the directory, since that’ll leave remnants of jaikoz on my system, which I don’t want.

W7P/64

Sorry about that.

But if you do just delete the Jaikoz directory AND the c:\User\username\Jaikoz directory all traces of Jaikoz will be removed.

Bump: I just installed the new trial version( 64bit) and am unable to remove it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As of recently I am unable to sync my changes from jaikoz to iTunes - i get the following error message: ‘unable to create playlist folder (1):null’. I have even turned off the iTunes playlist creation option in jaikoz but still keep getting this message. Can anyone help me please?

Please email me your support files (Advanced:Create Support Files) , and please create a new topic next time instead of adding a message to an unrelated topic.