SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Can't load MP3's in new Version 4.6.1 (1111)

Since upgrading to this version, any time I ad File, Folder,…OPen File, Folder…No MP3’3 will load.

Any help would be great appreciated.

DWdrum

Please send me your support files (Advanced/Create Support FIles)

Tried all reccomended solution on this site, just uninstalled and re-downloading/installing. Will report back soon

Hey Paul…right after a fresh install. Will do and thanks for the fast reply bud.

MM

Just sent them. Lemmie know what you see. Thanks

oooPs, Missed this thread … I looked early this AM (03-05) and there were no threads on this mater and I blindly logged in and started another this afternoon without looking again! My apologies!

I am having the same issue … until I saw this thread I was unaware that other formats work (at least m4a’s do), I use mp3 exclusively.

I’ll be impatiently waiting for a fix … :slight_smile:

Moderator, you can delete / disprove my thread!

-Enjoy
fh [color=#FF0000] :[/color])_~

WHew. Glad I’m not the only one. Cool :smiley: :smiley:

Yeah, I missed it too and just posted here:
http://www.jaikoz.com/jaikozforum/posts/list/6710.page

…although I’m getting some files to load, just not all of 'em.

I wasn’t seeing this, a problem with the same symptoms and fixed by emptying cache has been the solution before.

No-one had sent me any logs, but now I have three showing the same problem so a fix out later today.

[quote=paultaylor]I wasn’t seeing this, a problem with the same symptoms and fixed by emptying cache has been the solution before.

No-one had sent me any logs, but now I have three showing the same problem so a fix out later today.[/quote]

Thanks Paul. I just emailed you so please disregard. Looking forward to the fix and thank you in advance for your efforts.

MM

it has to do with tags in the “Not Supported List”

i have come across three batches of mp3s that will not open in the new jaikoz. the first batch i opened with an older version, deleted all the tags other than the basic title, artist, track, lyrics, and comments…

this batch would then open with the new version.

i just found 2 more batches of mp3s that wont open. so this time i tried to narrow it down. first test was letting the old jaikoz remove the v1 tags… that didnt work. then i looked at the remaining tags in the two batches.

the first batch had 1 tag in “not supported list” it was MCDI:Data=“804 bytes”;

the second batch had 10 tags in “not supported list” the first was MCDI:Data=“114 bytes”; and the 9 other tags were PRIV:Owner= tags.

since the two batches had the MCDI tags in common, i removed only those tags… then tried opening the two batches in the new jaikoz again

the first batch now could open, the second still refused.

so i went back into the older version of jaikoz… and removed the 9 PRIV:Owner tags.

after this, both batches can open in the new version.

I hope this helps.

devonq

i too am having this issue with 4.6.2 on osx 10.8

Aug 6, 2012 9:24:25 AM: INFO: Started to load files from /Volumes/media/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/(hed) pe/(hed) pe
Aug 6, 2012 9:24:26 AM: INFO: Counted 13 files that could be loaded from /Volumes/media/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/(hed) pe/(hed) pe
Aug 6, 2012 9:24:26 AM: INFO: Completed loading of 0 songs from /Volumes/media/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/(hed) pe/(hed) pe
Aug 6, 2012 9:24:26 AM: INFO: 0 files are loaded

Patched released everyone.

Thanks Paul for getting this done.

MM

i just emailed the support files

It’s been fixed. Patched here Michael: http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/download/start.jsp

Yeah, I dont think you have the correct version of 4.6.2 please see

http://www.jaikoz.com/jaikozforum/posts/list/6720.page

Agreed Paul.

This was the fix for me. Thank you again.

Mm