SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

can't import excel spreadsheet

jaikoz v3.3.2
win XP pro
Excel 2007 SP2

Added a handful of songs to Jaikoz
Edited tags
Advanced>Export which creates .XLS file
Advanced>Import that same .XLS file (even if I don’t make a single change to that file!)
a pop-up windows says Jaikoz is importing file
that same window says “checking 0 songs…”
this appears to have either silently failed (there is no error) or simply not showing the data from the spreadsheet as all screens are blank

The file is definitely .xls and not .xlsx. I tried saving it as a .csv but then I get an import error of
“Problem Updating Files
Input Length=1”

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tinman

Solved my own problem.
I guess I forgot a step I had done.
After exporting the XLS, I clicked File>Close
I thought the XLS file would populate all the data, but I guess it needs to have files to apply that data onto.

Also, once I figured this out, the process works fine for either XLS or CSV files.
Excel 2007 still gives me a compatibility error when saving the CSV. Sometimes that causes the “Input Lenth=1” error as mentioned above - sometimes not. I haven’t figured out the pattern.

now using Jaikoz 3.4.2

so I haven’t had need to use Jaikoz for some time. Now that I’ve come back to it, I find that I’m having an identical problem to my original post above.
I am loading all the mp3 files before importing the XLS file, but still get the “checking 0 songs…” and nothing gets updated.
An important note may be that I’ve heavily edited the format of the exported XLS file to delete some columns, move columns, etc. Is this the cause of my problem? If I remove a column that Jaikoz is expecting to see from the original export, will it fail to import my updated spreadsheet?
I can provide sample files if desired.

Hi, Its not an identical problem because you solved your original problem didn’t you. It would be helpful if you could send me your support files (advanced/create support files) , and a sample spreadsheet file.

paul,
attached are two files: the Support file and a sample Export file after I’ve done my editing.
Thanks for looking into this and I look forward to a resolution.

-TinMan47

You have deleted the filename column so it has no way of matching a row in the spreadsheet with a file loaded into Jaikoz

[quote=paultaylor]You have deleted the filename column so it has no way of matching a row in the spreadsheet with a file loaded into Jaikoz
[/quote]

I just opened the file from my post and I see the Filename column all the way to the right. But in looking at that column I see the path to the file uses a mapped drive (S:\), which I don’t have set up on my computer. I’m sure that’s the key - I’ll create the mapped drive and then I think this will work.
I’ll test and confirm.

alright, issue resolved.
it was a simple issue of not having the mapped drive to begin with, and then someone else had changed a top-level folder name just to make this more fun for me.
Paul,
thank you for your time and sorry to trouble you with a user error.