SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Can't Drag and drop from itunes into jaikoz

iTunes update has stricken jaikoz in this regard, is there anything that can be done?

Is this on OSX or Windows ?

I’m having the exact issue, since upgrading to Lion 10.7. FYI thats a Mac.
Oh, and I just updated to Jaikoz 4.2 to see if that would help…nope didn’t help

Okay well dragging songs from iTunes to Jaikoz has never work very well because of a bug in iTunes which prevents the details of the dragged files being available to ANY java program. So I implemented a workaround using Javascript, that worked but rather slowly. Ive tested against iTunes 10.4 on Snow Leopard and it still works, albeit slowly.

So it sounds like this behaviour has been changed in Lion, it possible they have fixed the issue and I just need to remove my workaround, or it maybe that they have just changed things to break the applescript as well. Unfortunately Apple do nothing to keep their deelopers informed.

Im going to do a full test of Jaikoz against Lion over the next week and will consider this issue then, thanks.

Ty for your prompt reply

FYI - I’m seeing the same problems:

* 4.3.1 NGS
* OSX 10.7.1
* iTunes 10.4.1
* Java 1.6.0_26

Thanks, Paul, for all your hard work! :smiley:

:- Dabe

Yeah I also get this issue, something changed with Lion (or possibly iTunes) but do not have a solution yet.

[quote=OneTrueDabe]FYI - I’m seeing the same problems:
* 4.3.1 NGS
* OSX 10.7.1
* iTunes 10.4.1[/quote]PS - I didn’t really expect Drag & Drop to magically improve with OSX 10.7.2 and iTunes 10.5 – and, unfortunately, I was right… :frowning:

:- Dabe

Is it s a permissions issue in Java?

I don’t know what the problem is, if you have an idea please expand on it.

I’ll do some snoopin and reading

Put

itunes_dragdrop.scpt

into

/Users/$myhomefolder/Library/iTunes/Scripts

To no Avail. My apple-scripting is non-existant.

Right now I’m trying to set up a service in automator that could be used as a workaround from the menu. Will advise.