SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Can't Delete

Whenever my “actions” include a song marked for deletion, Jaikoz responds with a dialog box saying that the file cannot be deleted and cancels all actions.
I have full admin privileges and I am able to manually delete the files.

System:
This happens with either “Delete Duplicate” and “Delete Files”.
My music files are located on an attached USB3 drive.
I am running on WinDoze 7 professional.
I have the latest Jaikoz.
I have a professional Jaikoz license.

Suggestion:
Move or better copy some files to your internally installed harddrive and try again, to see if it’s depending on your USB-drive.

Support Files would also be useful (Advanced/Create Support Files)

I narrowed it down to two directories, with one file each. Both files matched on their ID and Fingerprint. Once I got the error message, I captured and sent off the support files.

I will try out using an internal drive instead of the USB when I get home this afternoon.

Delete Duplicates is still failing, even on an internal drive (C:).

I copied the same two folders that I was using previously (just because they each have one, identical file) to my C:\Temp directory. It still fails to delete, and it does so in exactly the same way. I was able to then go in manually and delete the files.

Any chance that this is some WinDoze 7 permissions thing?

[quote=arick]
Any chance that this is some WinDoze 7 permissions thing?[/quote]
Very likely, maybe the problem is with permission on the parent folder rather than the files themselves. Unfortunately it is a weakness of Java that because it is a cross platform language it doesnt get full access to the permissions models of the various platforms, it only sees a simpified view.

I’ve tried creating brand new folders and put some test files in them. I could get Jaikoz to create new folders to match the Metadata in the songs, move the files into the new sub-folders, update the filenames, and save these changes to the filesystem.

Jaikoz is able to mark a duplicate file for deletion, but despite the fact that Jaikoz actually created the folders, moved the files, renamed the files and updated their mp3 tags, it could NOT physically remove the duplicated files. I am very puzzled!

This was the issue http://www.jthink.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/4616.page