SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Cannot save changes in Jaikoz

Hi team - been using Jaikoz for a couple of years faultlessly.

Recently, I get the error message that I cannot save the changes to my tags.

This usually happened in the past when the file was in use (for example, still being used by uTorrent, or open in a media player, or explorer).

Unfortunately, now I close all those applications (and go through task list/processes and close anything remotely related) and I still get this message.

Interestingly, it will work for some of my older database of music, but new files downloaded in the past 6 months, say, aren’t able to be changed.

I’m on the latest version of Jaikoz.

Any hints?

Its most likely to be a permissions problem, if the files the,selves look okay maybe it is the containing folder that is the problem. Or maybe the files are owned by a different user, are the files on a network folder ?

Hi,

I just bought het program and have the same problem.

Everytime I try to save changes the program responds with a pop-up window with the title:

In the window itself it says:

Any suggestions?

cheers,

Probably file permissions, if you send me your support files I can check.

Could you explain “support files” and where can I find them?

OK I understood the problem. The file properties were set ‘read only’; after correcting this, the program worked OK.

Okay great, FWIW you can create support files from the Advanced menu, once created you can then use your email program to email them to me.