SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Cannot Get Jaikoz 4.10 NGS to Run On Win7 x64

I?m running Windows 7 x64. Jaikoz had been working perfectly since purchasing it at the end of 2009, but as of this week whenever I tried to start the program the following error popped up, ?could not initialize class.com.jthink.jaikoz.db.Db?. After closing the error window the program didn?t go any further. I uninstalled and then reinstalled to fix the problem. I tried running it as an Admin and got a message that the settings.jai files were corrupt. After another clean reinstall nothing at all happens when trying to start it.

FYI- the program shows up in Windows Explorer under the C:Windows\Program Files\ Jthink\Jaikos program group after an install, but it’s never listed in the Control Panel?s Programs and Features window. That may be the norm, maybe just never noticed it before. Also, it had been showing up in the Task Manager Processes window when first trying to start it, but it doesn’t show there anymore after the latest installations.

Any ideas regarding a resolution will be appreciated.

Go to your user jaikoz folder , something like C:\Users\Mootsybb\Jaikoz and delete everything in it, then restart Jaikoz - this should fix it.

Thanks for the quick response. I tried what you suggested, but the program still won’t start and it doesn’t show as running in the Task Mrg either. The files get recreated in the users program group after deleting them, but it doesn’t make any difference.

If you have another suggestion, I’m willing to give it a try, but truth be known, there have been some intermittent boot issues with the OS lately and maybe that’s causing the problem. Clean reinstall of everything?

Thanks again…

Try opening a Command Window, run Jaikoz.bat and post the output back here.

The output I got is this: ‘Jaikoz.bat’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Just to be sure, you should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Jthink\Jaikoz\.
Jaikoz.bat isn’t in C:\users (at least not mine).

64 bit version of windows stores all 32 bit apps in the x86 folder thingy.

You need to change directory to where it is installed.

i.e cd “C:Windows\Program Files\ Jthink\Jaikoz”

Just t let you know, the Program files (x86) directory was where it had been installed when it was working. I re-installed to the Program files directory this time, gave the program another try and got the same results. I also ran Jaikoz.bat in the command window and got the message I quoted you before. Weird…

If you are still getting this error it is because Java is not on your command path, find where Java is installed and then do

set JAVA_HOME=Java installation dir

Thanks, Paul. That did the trick. I’ll keep that solution in mind if that ever happens again. Mike