SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Buttons to automatically set preferences

[quote=rovertag]1- I would a feature that reconfigures the matching and autocorrect options based on previously saved configuration Vs. always having to re-configure the 50 matching options depending on what sort of music I need to tag…
Eg. One set to only make minor updates to complete releases, not replacing many data fields but mostly adding to empty ones. And another config with aggressive autocorrect options (replace almost everything, etc).[/quote]

I’m not completely sure if rovertag was talking about this in a previous post - but what I would desperately like to see is ->

A few extras buttons on top that automatically set the preferences to match the music you are tagging.

eg ->

One button to set preferences for Folders containing Single Artist Albums
One button to set preferences for Folders containing Random unrelated Single
One button to set preferences for Folders containing Compilation Albums

That would be SO MUCH EASIER than manually stumbling through the preference section desperately trying to figure out what you’re supposed to check or uncheck!!

Being able to between would be usefulhave multiple set of preferences whihc you can switch, but I dont particulary see the value in your particular examples

1. Because different users want different things, i.e there is no correct setting for Compilation Albums.
  2. Usually people are matching a mixture of different types of release anyway.

Okay, Then just create a button that sets preferences correctly when matching all song in a single folder to a single release. That would be a start.

I love the software, but I must say that trying to navigate and decipher the preferences drives me postal every time.

[quote=ajdedo]Okay, Then just create a button that sets preferences correctly when matching all song in a single folder to a single release. That would be a start.
[/quote]
I you are just trying to match a single album use Action:Match to Release:Match to Single Musicbrainz Release .But if you are matching multiple albums Im not sure there is a correct set of preferences.