SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Bugreport Linux Ubuntu 10.04.02 LTS

Moin,
after working a few days with jaikoz I found some bugs:

1. After loading a huge dir (22,000 files), jaikoz freezes after pressed CTRL-A (mark all), if the focus is not set into the table, CPU usage is 100%, and no further use is possible, only killing the process works:
    PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
    1286 jojo 20 0 17.7g 3.4g 14m S 100 43.6 12:50.61 java
    $ ps ax | grep jaikoz
    1286 ? Sl 14:03 java -Xms1024m -Xmx15680m -XX:MaxPermSize=2048m -jar lib/jaikoz.jar -l2 -m2 -f
    Yes, for the Process is enough mem avaible. (8 GB Ram):
    17.03.2011 14:53:23: INFO: Jaikoz 3.10.1 benutzt Java 1.6.0_20 19.0-b09 64bit unter Linux 2.6.38-5-generic amd64 erfolgreich initialisiert
    17.03.2011 14:53:23: INFO: Jaikoz so konfiguriert wurde, mit einem Minimum an Heap-Speicher von 1.024 MB und maximal Speicher von 13.937 Mb
    Also this action is no problem, if the focs is set into the “big table” - the main display area.
    This is an extremely nasty bug, since it may destroy many hours of work.

2. Erraous opening of ogg Files:
    Log excerpt:
    17/03/2011 14.44.06:com.jthink.jaikoz.data.AudioFileFromDirectoryAndFilesLoader$TaskWorkerThread:run:SCHWERWIEGEND: Invalid Data Exception: in record unable to display corrupt file:/home/fileserver/sound/musik/Alben/A-E/c/Celtic Woman/Celtic Woman/16 Celtic Woman - You Raise Me Up.ogg
    But this file is definitely not “corrupt”. Audacious play fine. (In windows mediamonkey also!)
    Easytag works fine on this ogg files.

3. Work-Blocking (non-modal) Alertboxes.
    It is not an good idea to use work-blocking-Alertboxes during "Saving, loading, working on long-time consuming jobs (i.e. autocorrect) jobs. Thos block work and prevents jaikoz from doing it’s job is a “little” problem was arsing. Much better, to log those events, and present those to the user after the job is done, that afterwarts the user may fix or discard such actions.
    This point is an nasty isssue, because working on xyz thousands of files is rather time consuming and it is more than silly if a minor problem with one file or action is blocking the whole nightly work.

Greetings,
Jojo

PS: just going on for further testing :slight_smile:

Additional Info for “problem to link duplicates”:

17.03.2011 17:06:14: INFO: Beginn des Speicherns von 144 Dateien, falls diese modifiziert wurden
17.03.2011 17:06:15: SCHWERWIEGEND: Es gab ein Problem beim �ndern mancher Dateien. Diese wurden mit Status ‘ge�ndert’ belassen.
17.03.2011 17:06:15: SCHWERWIEGEND: Kann eine Verkn�pfung zu erstellen / Alias f�r Song 4.039 mit dem Dateinamen 1 - Fratres.mp3 und Link / Alias Arvo P�rt - Tabula Rasa - 01 - Fratres.mp3
17.03.2011 17:06:15: SCHWERWIEGEND: Kann eine Verkn�pfung zu erstellen / Alias f�r Song 3.946 mit dem Dateinamen Arvo P�rt - Arbos - 01 - Arbos.mp3 und Link / Alias Arvo P�rt - Arbos - 07 - Arbos.mp3
17.03.2011 17:06:15: SCHWERWIEGEND: Kann eine Verkn�pfung zu erstellen / Alias f�r Song 4.074 mit dem Dateinamen Arvo P�rt - Fratres - 06 - Tabula Rasa - I. Ludus.mp3 und Link / Alias 02 - Ludus.mp3
17.03.2011 17:06:15: SCHWERWIEGEND: Kann eine Verkn�pfung zu erstellen / Alias f�r Song 4.066 mit dem Dateinamen 1 - Fratres.mp3 und Link / Alias Arvo P�rt - Fratres - 01 - Fratres (1980 Version)(Violin And Piano)_128.mp3
17.03.2011 17:06:15: SCHWERWIEGEND: Kann eine Verkn�pfung zu erstellen / Alias f�r Song 4.077 mit dem Dateinamen 12 - Symphony no.3- 3rd mvt.mp3 und Link / Alias 06 - Symphony no.3 - 3rd mvt (forse).mp3

Jojo

[quote=jojoax]Moin,
after working a few days with jaikoz I found some bugs:

1. After loading a huge dir (22,000 files), jaikoz freezes after pressed CTRL-A (mark all), if the focus is not set into the table,
    [/quote]
    Hi, Ive raised this as an issue

Could you please email support at jthink dot net this file, that will make it much easier for me to resolve the problem.

I certainly agree with your POV but Jaikoz uses very few alertboxes already, the vast majority of information goes into the console log. The few aleretboxes that do appear dont AFAIK actually prevent Jaikoz continuing its work because Jaikoz is multithreaded, and the alert box just prevents the user doing anything until they have dismissed the alert. If you are seeing different behaviour please provide more details.

Just remembered there is an option to disable most of these, just uncheck Preferences/General/Appearance/Show Information Popups

Well then, I’m loading next version at the moment, and will review.
If I stumble onto ugly working files - or file jaikoz has problems with it - and those files are looking ok to me - I’ll put them onto my private server and mail an link to it.
:smiley:

And for now, Miller Time

Greetings from Nothern Germany
where the sun is currently shining … (how rare^^)

The problem with both these files is that they starts with an ID3 tag not an OggVorbis header Jaikoz is not expecting this and I dont believe this to be valid but perhaps it is.

Do you know what program was used to create these files, or its possible that these tags were added at a later stage by a media player,in one file the ID3 tag just contains a playcount field FMPS_Playcount the ohter contains nothing. These fields were introduced two years ago by Jeff Mitchell as part of the Free Media Player Specifications on Linux, unfortunately this ‘standard’ ignored any existing standards and as such is itself only recognised by a few linux players, the most important one being Amarok, is this what you are using ?

Ive raised an enhancement request in the underlying tag library http://java.net/jira/browse/JAUDIOTAGGER-365 but have not decided what it should do yet