SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Bug: Correct sub folders from tags

There’s a bug with correct sub folders from tags. Under a certain configuration the operation doesn’t terminate (at least, not overnight!)

I don’t have the time to debug the issue. This is all the information I am willing to provide.

Hmm, I wonder if you dont have a spare 60 seconds to ‘run Action/Create Support Files’ and email me your logs or just you are concerned about spam from be as a result of sending me an email (hence the use of bugmenot).

Experienced users will testify that they have only received a handful of emails from me regarding new releases and beta releases over the years , and you can just email me to opt out.

Sorry but without more information there is little I can do about this issue.

Spam doesn’t bother me. Privacy does! Having looked at the logs they reveal a LOT about individual users.

In the interests of my privacy it will have to remain a bug.

Maybe putting less in log files would tempt me! :wink:

Moreover, even if you are trustworthy, various sources (beyond your control) could be interested in the contents of the log files you are storing…

Only info pertinent to what you are doing in Jaikoz are logged, unfortunately if I removed logging info about what files caused problems (if thats what you mean) the logs would be less useful in diagnosing problems. I suppose its a trust issue to some extent, firstly buy software from companies you trust, secondly consider do you think I would have any interest in mining any information you provided.

Hi Paul,

Yes, I was referring to file information. I agree with everything you say, however, you are missing the bigger picture. How many log files do you currently have? How many files do these log files list? How many of these files are in violation of copyright law? If these numbers are large then there is every possibility that the record industry have an interest in your logs and may seek a warrant to obtain that information. This may not affect the majority of your law abiding customers, but I do not wish to be caught up in any such investigation.

Moreover, who knows of what value these logs will be to someone in the future…

Regards,

Call me paranoid,
but I like to minimize my digital footprint in today’s digital world.

I think you are being a bit paranoid, but no problem if others experience you’re problem it will eventaully be reported and fixed.