SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Brackets are not showing up in artist pane nor are they searchable

I am working on creating a secondary music collection based on tracks instead of albums for a jukebox player I want to make. So starting another massive clean up. :slight_smile:

For this collection I am wanting to remove all of the dialogs tracks. Most of these tracks are labeled under Artist as [dialog]. I can see them in the edit and ID3 edit tabs. However I am unable to filter just them in the Artist Column up top. It shows all my artists, however any of the ones that start with a bracket are missing. I also tried using the search at the top right and it comes back with no results.

I can still sort via the artist header in the edit tab and then manually delete them that way, so it isn’t a big issue. Just wanted to bring it to your attention.

Thanks!

Hi, the artists column in the Column Browser actually uses the artists field in preference to the artist field because for multiple artist tracks they are held in separately in the artists but not the artist field.

So i think the problem is probably that the artists field doesn’t contain [dialog], you’ll have to check.

The search field doesn’t seem to work if you enter [dialog], I expect this is something to do with escaping special characters but \[dialog\] did not work either. Just entering dialog does work, although of course this may bring back some results that you don’t want.