SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Blank entries in IDv1 tags

I’ve been noticing that Jaikoz will write the ID3v23 tag fine, but it will miss fields in the ID3v1 tag. I’ve noticed that track number is almost always missed.

In Settings/Save I’ve got ID3v1 set as Always write tag, but it doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Is there a way to copy all of the ID3v2 tag info into the ID3v1 tag?

Hmm, if I use Update Tags from Existing MusicBrainz ID then when I save everything writes correctly.

My workflow is this (OSX):

Rip with Max and have it write most of the tags and album art
Bring into Jaikoz and clean up whatever is wrong.

The second step is where I was having problems with the ID3v1, sometimes it was filled out, sometimes not, but things like track name were written properly. That’s why something like a “sync tags” would be nice.

Here’s another case where it has an issue.

If the Update Tags doesn’t actually make changes to the file, the ID3v1 tags won’t be written. So you have to make a change to the file, and then when you save it writes correctly.

Is there a “force update” option where it forces a re-write of tags?

The Version column in the Edit tab shows the tags versions that will be saved when the song is actually saved so if it includes ID3v1 then upon save all the allowable fields in an ID3v11 tag have their values updated from whatever is in the main edit tab so I cannot really see how the values are not being written, and that is why there is no sync option it is implicit in the way Jaikoz works.

But that is not to say that there isn’t a problem.

Are you aware of the View/Show View Pane and Show/Show ID3 Tabs options ?
Enable both of these and reopen the file in Jaikoz , does the ID3v1 tab contained the expected information ?

If so then everything is okay, or is the information not shown in other program, you could send me the file so I can look to see if the ID3v1 tag has been written to the file correctly.