SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Bit Rate and Encoder, Jaikoz 3.7.1

I just recently noticed that when viewing the MP3 tag information from within Jaikoz 3.7.1 that in some cases the bitrate states 128 and the encoder field value displayed is null. The bit rate should be VBR and the encoder should be LAME3.97b.

Some background…I have over 1,500 CD’s which have all been converted to MP3 file format using Exact Audio Copy and Lame encoder 3.97b2. I’m using Jaikoz to correctly update the metadata for all the MP3’s I’ve created.

I purchased Jaikoz orginally back in 11/2008 and started processing my entire collection. As newer versions of Jaikoz are released I periodically reprocess the MP3’s by opening them up and perfoming a “forced save”. This has corrected a few issues such as metadata being displayed with garbled characters in WIN 7 and the cover art not displaying correctly in the bottom of the explorer window.

Do you have any ideas why when viewing some of these files through Jaikoz both the bit rate and the encoder fields seem to be displaying incorrect information when this information is correct in itunes or other products like Tag & Rename. If there is something wrong with the Tag itself, how might it be corrected efficiently given the volume of MP3’s I have?

BTW, when I was searching for the “right” product to update my collection Jaikoz stood out among all others and I have been very pleased with it’s intuitiveness and it’s functionality.

Thank you,
Paul

Well I found the cause…The below solution corrected this issue mentioned in the previous post.

From Windows OS:
Go to C:\Users\username\Jaikoz
Delete jaikozdb
Start Jaikoz

Paul