SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Beta 4 notes

I can’t tell you how long I have been anticipating NGS and how happy I was to play with the beta this weekend. I apologize for being terse and for asking so many Q below. Thanks Paul!

------using Mac version 4.0.0---------

Manual correction results sometimes need mousing over to be visible.

How does Jaikoz choose between releases of a release group? What is the relative priority of track number, recording length, media format, number of tracks, release date and country of release? Which user options affect this? Is there a way to select “no preference” for country? How about an option for official releases only (or no promo, no bootleg)? I say this because auto correction and manual correction don’t give identical results. Manual correction also shows many repeats of the same recording (same release ID & country) with slight variations in score. It would be nice to be able to display the field for media type with manual correction results.

Searching for original release is much improved but still occasionally gives results that don’t match to what the MB database shows.

Disk number is seemingly always assigned to be 01 of 01.

Do we need more options for “delete duplicates” now that there are releases & release groups? I vote no.

it would be useful to have track length displayed in the “Edit” window (even though it cannot be edited). If I can’t convince you of that, how about letting us display basic data (title, artist, album, track number) in the “View Audio” window?

Manual Correction hasn’t really been changed, only enough to use the Webservice 2, still needs an overhaul.

To rephrase, how Jaikoz select the correct release ?
Essentially it tries to match by release, finding releases that have tracks that match all your tracks for the same artist/release. The track match (track title/ duration/trackno) makes up of 70% of the score, the remaining 30% is made up of how well the release metadata matches your release metadata:
Release Title
Official Release
Original Release
Total Track Match
and preferences on Preferences/Remote Correct
Earliest Release Date
Preferred Country
Preferred Format

If no match on release, then it just matches track by track.

No, noted.

No option but does prefer official releases.

Manual Correct needs revisiting, perhaps I should look at this next.

Do you have Preferences/Musicbrainz/Automatch/Do extra searches to find Original Release enabled, this is reuired for the nest (but slower results).

I’ll have to check this, thought it was working okay.

No I dont think so, we are looking for duplicate recordings not albums.

Hmm, needs more consideration.

[quote=paultaylor][quote=mcammer]
Manual correction results sometimes need mousing over to be visible.
[/quote]
Manual Correction hasn’t really been changed, only enough to use the Webservice 2, still needs an overhaul.[/quote]

Assuming my display issues are local, the results still don’t seem right. MC doesn’t seem to be in a usable state right now.

On the other hand, auto correction seems to be really good. I’m finding I have be more rigorous about deleting (or at least segregating) duplicates first, but then it’s amazing.

Yes.

Disk number is seemingly always assigned to be 01 of 01.
[/quote]
I’ll have to check this, thought it was working okay.[/quote]

seems like it’s getting messed up because mult disks are now assigned to the same release.

Do we need more options for “delete duplicates” now that there are releases & release groups? I vote no.
[/quote]
No I dont think so, we are looking for duplicate recordings not albums.[/quote]

Right, but can’t the same recording (i.e., w same MBID) now be part of two diff releases? As I play with this, it seems like this could cause trouble.

Can you give more details, Im not grasping what the problem is you are having with this, also if you have ideas for general improvements please post to http://www.jthink.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/1574.page

Good, but matching isn’t made on recordingid but metadata, and should work at release level first so in what way do yo have to segregate things ?

Few problem is this area are now fixed, but might not be the same issue. There will be a Beta 2 out today or tomorrow, please retest.

Ah, good point, right that needs more thinking about it.

So I think the option:

‘It has the same MB Id as another file’
should become
‘It has the same MB Id and Release Id as another file’

and

‘It has the same MB Id and AmpliFIND Id as another file’
should become
‘It has the same MB Id, Release Id and AmpliFIND Id as another file’

then Jaikoz will continue to work as it currently does.

If you want to delete all songs that are identical but happen to be on different releases then just use

‘It has the same AmpliFIND Id as another file’

(the only problem with this is you cant generate acoustic ids for all files , such as protected mp4s)

Supplementary question, should Musicbrainz Unique If Filters be accordingly modified. Im not sure that they should, I think seeing all duplicate recordings is more useful than only seeing duplicate recordingid/releaseid combos, but then it would be slightly out of step with delete duplicates.

Actually I think we do need another option do the changes as described and then re-add ‘It has the same MB Id as another file’ as a new option allowing you to see duplicate recordings from different release.

I’ve sent screencaps of the Manual Correct issues to email support.

I’m having to eliminate dupes because with “extra” tracks in the folder, all having the same title, release-based matching gets confused. For example, if there are 14 tracks in the release, and one duplicate track, Jaikoz is looking for a release with 15 tracks.

Whatever options you decide on for identify/delete duplicates are fine with me, it’s clear you understand the issue.

Manual Correct issues now fixed in beta 2, now available.