SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Autosave

Hi…

Here is a quickwin:

Add an autosave option for use with batch operations.

This way it’s not so bad if the application is not able to process a long batch without crashing, because I can continue where it left off.

Hope you can add this feature, you can always disable it by default and hide it in the preferences.

Thanks!

Ren�.

Obviously would rather jaikoz didnt crash in the first place !

But this would be useful anyway, for example in case you had a powercut in the middle of doing a big autocorrect. How would you want it to work, save after doing every task - this sould slow things down. Some tasks such as Local Artist Correct work on all the tracks at the same time, so you cant save changes until the task has completed - then you can save for all changed files. Whereas some tasks like AutoCorrect From MusicBranz work one file at a time, so you could do a save as the file track is matched, this is how the save option works for Retrieve Acoustic Ids

Hi Paul.

[color=darkblue]You wrote> But this would be useful anyway, for example in case you had a powercut in the middle of doing a big autocorrect. How would you want it to work, save after doing every task - this sould slow things down. Some tasks such as Local Artist Correct work on all the tracks at the same time, so you cant save changes until the task has completed - then you can save for all changed files. Whereas some tasks like AutoCorrect From MusicBranz work one file at a time, so you could do a save as the file track is matched, this is how the save option works for Retrieve Acoustic Ids [/color]

Since you know best what is possible to implement, I suggest you do what is the best.

You could do a save after each atomic operation, or if that will cause to much overhead, maybe after each 100 atomic operations.

I would probaply have a different thread doing the saving of processed items in background, but like I said, you know best how to do it here.

however you do it, we would love it!

Ren�.

I think an autosave option would be great. I only just bought this program yesterday and already love it but i’ve had it hang on me twice now and the last time was after about 12 hrs of processing 3000 songs. Maybe have it save after each of the autocorrector steps or maybe just have a user editable time value with a note mentioning the lower the time the more it will slow down the process.

Even a project that you could load and save like in a video editing program that just maps what songs you have loaded and what changes have been made. I am just finding that whilst the auto mode works fairly well, that it does tend to pull apart some albums into different releases or various artist compilations so I like to go through the list of changes and manually correct them. This of course can take more time than you may have at any one moment so saving the project and coming back to it later would be great!

Of course i am not a programmer and have no idea how hard these ideas would be so just tell to shut up if it sounds too hard haha.

Hey Paul, I know this is a very old “wish”, however it seems that nothing has been done in this area, so I’m adding my vote for an “autosave”.

My specific issue is if I have a load of stuff open in Jaikoz and I want/need to reboot the computer. At the moment I’m losing everything I’m working on. It would be lovely to have a “saved state” that you can immediately go back to next time you launch Jaikoz

I don’t think we actually have an issue for this, now created one https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/JAIKOZ-1012

Thanx for your quick response Paul. Love Jaikoz, could not do without it. Happy to Beta test any solution re autosaving that you come up with.