SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Autocorrect profiles / Save symbolic links / Labels (colors)

1- I would a feature that reconfigures the matching and autocorrect options based on previously saved configuration Vs. always having to re-configure the 50 matching options depending on what sort of music I need to tag…

Eg. One set to only make minor updates to complete releases, not replacing many data fields but mostly adding to empty ones. And another config with aggressive autocorrect options (replace almost everything, etc).

2- Can we have an option to save copies of files as symbolic links, and have those links arranged according to the rename file/folder from metadata rules? This is handy for creating directories that behave like smart playlists (eg one dir. only has new trance music, another only has remixes, while another contains local alt-country releases from the last 12 months…). I can sorta do this with MediaRage but Jaikoz has better scripting features.

1. I would like to label tracks in Jaikoz (with colors) that can be filtered. This would help to indicate which tracks are %100 accurate, which ones are new, and which ones I think I may have mis-tagged and need to redo. (Bonus points for, at some point in the future, folder or playlist functionality in a side-pane for improved organization.)

thanks!

[quote=rovertag]1- I would a feature that reconfigures the matching and autocorrect options based on previously saved configuration Vs. always having to re-configure the 50 matching options depending on what sort of music I need to tag…
[/quote]
Yes this has been asked for a number of times, I was sure it was in the bug tracker but havent been been able to find it so raised new issue http://www.jthink.net:8081/browse/JAIKOZ-622

So you are referring to the same song existing in multiple albums that you have ?

If so you can do this if you approach in a different way, if you look at Preferences:Manipulators:Delete Duplicates:When you have a duplicate Song option you can set it to Replace duplicate by an alias/link

So if you configure this and then run delete duplicates, when you save changes instead of just deleting the duplicates it replaces them by links. But if you use this think carefully about what you consider to be a a duplicate , I would only use it if the songs were the exact same recording (same acoustid).

[quote=rovertag]
3. I would like to label tracks in Jaikoz (with colors) that can be filtered. This would help to indicate which tracks are %100 accurate, which ones are new, and which ones I think I may have mis-tagged and need to redo. (Bonus points for, at some point in the future, folder or playlist functionality in a side-pane for improved organization.)
thanks![/quote]
Are we talking about OSX feature , when you say label with colors, you mean marking things within Jaikoz so they appear different in the finder ?

Nope… almost the opposite. I want to use an expression to dictate a sub-directory hierarchy and have it populated with symlinks instead of copies. eg: Genre/Year/Label/Album/symlinks_to_files

i currently use this, it’s ok:
Imgur

People can use this feature to create interesting music catalogs that can group music together in various ways. Eg. Maybe I want to populate a directory with music by a certain value in the Comments field “analog synths” or “Local Music”. So… basically it gives you an auto-playlist / smart playlist, but in a directory. It’s sort of platform-agnostic, and works really well with music servers like Subsonic and Plex, etc…

example:
Imgur

Just within Jaikoz. So the tracks have a different appearance and may be filtered and processed at different times or by different rulesets (if those are ever added).

example 1: I want to mark tracks that are from my CD collection and have been matched to the proper barcode in Musicbrainz.

#2: Mark tracks for which I have added my own album artwork, in order to prevent the artwork from being replaced.

advanced scenario:

If tracks = label 1 (red), then apply autocorrect rule set “new music” (get all acoustic id, replace all tags, do not match to release).
If tracks = label 2 (blue), then apply rule set “maintenance” (add missing, add discogs style to grouping, local correct, fix file / folder from metadata).

related feature - disabling modification / locking fields:

Alt-click on data field, in context menu select “lock field” = override system settings and never alter this field (eg… maybe i don’t want the artwork or grouping for this song to ever be altered).