SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Autocorrect not working properly

I just installed Jaikoz for the purpose of tagging the right (release) year of every single song in my collection.

I dicided to go with trial first, but there’s an issue, and I want to know if the issue is releated to the trial version only, or it’s something more.

So, when I select for example 20 songs and click on autocorrect, either from MusicBrainz or Discogs, it doesn’t do anything. Just get after few seconds info that 0 songs were auto-corrected.

If I do 1 by 1, then every single time it retrieves the tags/info.

Is this only a limit for trial version?

I know that only 20 songs at time can be saved, but no mention about this

The problem is that generally given a group of songs in a single folder by default Jaikoz assumes they are from same album and therefore only updates them if could match all selected songs to one album to avoid breaking up albums.

But if you actually just have a set of random songs in a folder that prevents a match, of course when you only try to update one song there is no such problem.

Also note that if you give Jaikoz a folder with many songs in it (>100) then it will realize that it is a folder of random songs and treat accordingly but when you only give a few songs from a folder it is difficult to decide.

You can change behaviour by disabling Remote Correct:match:Only Match if all songs in grouping match to one album in Preferences.