SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Auto Tagging Problems...

Hi everyone, i’m new, today i want to talk about Auto-Tagging. I’ve some problems when i import 250/300 tracks to re-tag with Discogs tag. I’ve many genres to fix because it’s the thing as i really need: the genre

1: Sometimes when i auto-tag from discogs the release (genre too) came from compilation and not from vinyl/cd tag. If you are relying on the compilation and not on the release of the original track, the tag it will be more general and not specific (for what that track).

2: Sometimes the auto-tag don’t find any discogs release but there are in it.

3: If i import (for an example) 250 tracks, normally around 100-150 are re-tagged different and someone without genre.

4: The genre for me it’s more important to organize my music collection (Funk / Soul / Disco / Boogie). Jaikoz Auto Tag should be find and use the release complete of Genre and Style ! ! !

5: Genre aren’t often correctcly (musicbrainz too).

6: Some music files are better tagged instead of other less tagged.

7: Jaikoz should tag always from original releases (only from the vinyl, cd, ep, album not compilation and other …)

8: I enabled local correction, the covers are not replaced/inserted from the originals, some “years” are not tagged; it show me: Year: 0000 >> 0001 …

9: Add other genre filters as: Soulful House, Deep House, Afro House (For an example)

10: Adding other tag filters by other portals like: Traxsource/JunoDownload/Beatport (Especially for new WEB releases)

I think it’s possible to fix some point i written from auto-tag! I’ll send email with attached img and files to try to fix some problems or if i should make some configs in the preferences or wait new update for the next version! Let me know about that!
I hope i gave an help to improve this fantastic software as Jaikoz!!
keep it up the good work!
Thanks in advance :mrgreen:
-Christian

Hi Christian

So what I would say, is whilst MusicBrainz has very poor genre support and Discogs has got good genre support you’ll get more matches to Discogs if you run Match to MsuciBrainz since many MusicBrainz releases have a link to the assocaited Dicogs release.

Also are the files organized one folder per album or no, this gives better results and less likely to match to a compilation.

Thanks for replying me Paul. Can you give me some information to match Musicbrainz/Discogs releases in the preferences maybe? thx in advance :))

I have more misc files in the folders, i’ve much files as should be misc genres as Disco / Funk / Soul / Soft Rock / Ballad / Nu-Disco / Broken Beat / Jazz and sub-genres…

it’s a very problem… :slight_smile:

Christen just running AutoCorrect with the defaults will try to match to MusicBrainz and Discogs.

Can you give me very specific example, i.e you have an album that you believe should have something set and it hasn’t. If you could email me support files (Help:Create Support Files) and some screenshots then I can follow this up.

[quote=paultaylor]Christen just running AutoCorrect with the defaults will try to match to MusicBrainz and Discogs.

Can you give me very specific example, i.e you have an album that you belief should have something set and it hasn’t. If you could email me support files (Help:Create Support Files) and some screenshots then I can follow this up.[/quote]

yeah really thx paul i’ll send you some screenshot to explain you better what i mean