SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

auto-correct year, with just year, not full date

hello jaikoz users,

I was wondering if this is possible:

Everytime I use autocorrect, if modifies the year column with month and day, and I want jaikoz to always use only the year, so then when modifying the folders names according to tags, it uses only the year in format XXXX.

is it possible to set up autocorrect to change the year only and not use month and date?

thanks a lot

i have mine set to only show the xxxx date. It does not include the month or day. I think it might be the setting in the preferences under the local correct tab, and then under the year correct tab. Make sure the year is set to store year and not store date.

My year section in my rename mask looks like this:

(year.length>0  ? '(' + year + ') ' : '')

basically verifies there is a year, then if there is, adds it in parenthesis, like (2012)

Yeah completly simple for normal users.
I hate this renaming since was introduced.

The trouble with the old syntax is that it was too simple, you couldn’t specify if/else and other constraints and functions

Do you have any knowledge of another scripting language that could be used instead which might be easier to work with.

I know the reason why this is usefull, but normal people doesnt understand syntax anymore. If youre lack of ideas to make it easier and/or user friendly add lots of presets which everybody can use or try to modify on the rename tab.

I still don’t get it;

I don’t want any parenthesys, I haven’t got any problem with parenthesys so far, I just want Jaikoz not to write day nor month when autocorrecting:

• Is this possible?
  • What should I do to solve this?

thanks a lot!!!

thank you so much Paul. It’s awesome to have such a fast support.

Now, the questin is; where should I write that syntax? in what part of the preferences?

I think this should be default on the preferences when jaikoz is installed, as normally most people just want to have the year in their metadata, not month or day

Oh I might have misunderstood you, this was for only using the year part in the filename mask. If you only want to see the year in the field itelf then just set

Preferences:Local Correct:Year Correct:What should Year contain to Store Year

I think I did not explained myself properly;

When I click autocorrect in Jaikoz, by default it corrects the release date, with a format YYYY-MM-XX on the metadata. I want it to be just YYYY, in both the metadata, and also later when correcting folders with the information from the metadata.

Right now i managed to be able to correct folders from metadata and it uses only the year when renaming the foldes, but in the metadata field, it still shows month and day too. Is it possible to fix this? thanks a lot again!!!

Have you tried the option I posted, doesnt that do that ?

i tried that and it works perfectly when renaming the file from the metadata; in the metadta it says for example 1972-03-24, and then when renaming file or folder it says only 1972. so that is great.

the problem is than in the metadata it still shows the large date XXXX-XX-XX, i’d like it to show just the year. this is specially necessary with autocorrect, becuase some times autocorrect is great to fix artwork or even the date too, but then i have to remove month and day and copy and paste. would be nice to do it automatically and i guess jaikoz has the functionality to do so without many problems.

I meant the Preferences:Local Correct:Year Correct:What should Year contain to Store Year option. However I tried this and unfortunately it has no effect when you do Autocorrect Metadata from Musicbrainz this will still put the full date in it if it has it,

However if you do set the option, and then run Action:Local Correct:Correct Years the year column will then be updated to only inclue the date :slight_smile:

[quote=paultaylor]I meant the Preferences:Local Correct:Year Correct:What should Year contain to Store Year option. However I tried this and unfortunately it has no effect when you do Autocorrect Metadata from Musicbrainz this will still put the full date in it if it has it,

However if you do set the option, and then run Action:Local Correct:Correct Years the year column will then be updated to only inclue the date :)[/quote]

that’s awesome. now i understand. thanks a lot again, problem solved!!!

J’ai ce probl�me. C’est un excellent conseil pour moi :slight_smile: Merci.