SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Auto correct tracks from Beatport?

Hi, just a quick question…

I have a whole list of tracks from Beatport, traxsouce and junodownload and the normal the meta is pretty loaded. Im using Auto correct to load songs as well as others

Am I able to sync meta data if the sources are from these sites?

cheers

lister

No Jaikoz only matches to MusicBrainz and Discogs Im afraid, but you can use Jaikoz to add releases to MusicBrainz from your songs, see Action:Remote Correct:Submit New Release

You can also import releases directly from BeatPort into MusicBbrainz using this greasemonkey script

It works like this:

• Install GreaseMonkey script, you need a GreaseMonkey enabled browser such as Firefox.
  • Ensure Logged into MusicBrainz website in browser
  • Go to Beatport website
  • Find Beaport Release
  • Click on Import button to import data into MusicBrainz Release Editor
  • Double check data
  • Submit changes

Wow din’t knew that, cool for some pre releases, to add, but and the main reason I bought Jaikoz in the first place is:

i do not want to make a full time job out of this tagging converting and checking if tags are still working etc or providing dumb incomplete databases like musicbrainz which could easily get all data from digital download providers, OR for shits and giggles get an intern to manually add each release using mp3tag…(at least it gives you a list of possible candidates to choose from, (might be good for jaikos as well atm it just well in every batch I really need to pay careful attention what its changing because I have lost some release info that’s impossible to recover (Unknown Artist - Untitled releases ripped from Vinyl) that are wrongly matched by Jaikoz…
Due to this and the fact it still doen’t recognise more than half of my imports even when they are the digital masters from to be released or also older vinyl rips (otherwise I wouldn’t mention it as discogs also needs time to add the release) it refuses to match these with the actual release… Sure its a digital master but forcing a match would be helpful in these for me very frequently occurring situations (20-30% of each batch is vinyl digital master, and around 10-30% Vinyl rip, becoming less and less as we get the masters more easy these days)

I am just a bit put off by Jaikoz that after many old requests a simple and free solution (for you) as suggested before still hasn’t been implemented and Jaikoz still doesn’t support the numerous digital download sites. and a huge chunk of the market.

I get especially frustrated when Jaikoz recognises the FLAC’s metadata because these were tagged by the one who encoded to FLAC using mp3tag but after running it through an app like Platinum Notes (without first converting to the desires output format with an other 3rd party app all tagging and artwork is lost, nor is Jaikos able to recognise the tracks by their still the same acoustic ID /musicbrainz/discogs number…

So this part which should work also does not, even when I use folders with folder naming like:

Album Artist - Title (Year) Source [Format]
Which include:
folder.jpg artwork
track# - Artist - Title.AIFF, FLAC or sometimes MP3

(I often first need to feed this though a rename script/app because (yes its this bad) It 9 out of ten times does not populate the meta data fields if its from vinyl or not… so I need to do a get metadata from file name to get basic tagging.

So it comes down to this:
Still no solution to not tagging over 60% of the stuff and J would think a large part of your clientele is getting it also does a bad job at the thing i bought it for matching to Discogs grabbing the meta data and artwork and more importantly saving me time and shitty little rename and data entry tasks that would make Forrest run like hell.

(I’m lucky if I convert all flac to m4a after first running flac trough Jaikoz that they retain their dada after processing trough Platinum Notes (ideal for vinyl rips when using a transparant and non aggressive setting) In general WAV as a starting point always means manual editing of some sort to to get tagging in AIF… First remove things like A1 - 01 - etc so a get metadata from filename can be done, sometimes Jaikoz also refuses to do just that haha)

This is why I just absolutely HATE this is making me lose the passion of discovering music just because i haven’t listened to 7000 tracks in my collection and well that isn’t even the issue its me avoiding my own friendly group because of untagged stuff piling up and me avoiding music because of the ridiculous workflow I need to adhere to, to get reasonable results, I am seriously and i’m sad to admit/write this to you as it looked like a godsent, but its just incomplete it does half the job and it might and doing it will prove it but it might be even slowing me down because of it…

Yes… switching to the free mp3tag, which i really dislike, because and as you see and I hope you interpret it well and not just as a rude guy or a rant… I’m speaking to you from the heart here and out of frustration, because damn it Paul this is ridiculous!

You have the best tagging features available with Jaikoz, is it really so hard to implement something like this? (user plugin option as voiced here a thread started 5 years ago: http://www.jthink.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/6634.page)
This pisses me off I woud think the classical music part of your customer base, while it might be a passion for you pales in comparison to the huge market you are ignoring for years now and are more friustrated than happy with their purchase. Which you leave two options neither which are nice, nor what they want: A functional Jaikoz, people even voiced to pay extra for this feature when added if it were to cost you money/in fee or work, either way people need this from Jaikoz for years now and you ignore them.

I’m avoiding my friends just because it will mean I without any effort or searching, that i did but would be insane now when i still havent heard over 7000 tracks much unreleased or unknown/ rare stuff (many would do unthinkable things to get their hands on…That would mean an easy 800 tracks a month, which is more tagging which is less than ideal, when it even removes some tagging if not tagging/converting all the WAV’s and FLAC and have 50GB piling up, just from a month and do not mind because digging for tracks only adds to pile and the less than ideal workflow. THIS when you are into the music i like and get the stuff i get is the sick part, I do not want more while most would rent out their mom for a small selection of the stuff I am avoiding…

Because I am done with tagging and haven’t listened to half of the unreleased stuff I have from from Ricardo Villalobos etc. (I think I sleep less and have more music than him… :twisted: )
I do listen to edits made from that pile by artists I know from our little group but avoiding them takes out half the fun.

Wetransfer links expire so this kind of lets me check in once every two weeks or so, but keeping up with the unhealthy amount of music is for one just impossible I would like to see a classical music lover discover more than 5 new artists every week and while already only selecting what would be played get 1500+ new tracks a month (easy, but with less sleep than non music people) or just say ahh fuck it… which is an even less nice attitude but more practical… :roll:

So please Paul.

People need your help, I might be a lost cause already, but please fix this, this currently creates immoral dilemmas… :slight_smile: :evil:

The sheer amount of music, and me not being able to get everything and at a point not wanting everything, nor needing anything… sort of logically concludes, that you do not have a good idea of the sheer volume of great music Jaikos atm does not support.

(It literally even if jaikoz already would support it and in one batch without error would do everything perfectly, still can not be done by one person alone)
:mrgreen:

Its simply a question of resource

We have been concentrating on SongKong the last couple of years but are now getting back into Jaikoz (new release last week) and have big plans for Jaikoz 10, this should address some of your issues.

Make sure you are on the mailing list to get the lowdown on Jaikoz 10 development.