SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Auto correct option

Hello

I am a very satisfied owner of a jaikoz license. I have a problem using autocorrect option. Is there a way to set autocorrect to skip certain meta tag fields and not change them while autocorrecting?

Best regards and congrats on your software!

Antony

It would help if you stated what you want to be skipped.

The entries in the autocorrector have more detailed options in other tabs. What you are probably looking for is under:

1. Prefs>MusicBrainz>Format
  2. Prefs>MusicBrainz>Format 2
    or
  3. Prefs>Remote Correct>Discogs

Change the value you want to be skipped to “Never Alter”.

If it’s punctuation/caps/spelling you don’t want changed look at the Local Correct and Manipulator tabs.

Dear dkoh, i followed your instructions, it was the Local Correct tab that i had forgotten to check. I think the problem is solved now :wink:

Thanks alot!

P.S. I had the Title and Artist tags named after the filename and they were renamed by autocorrect, that was the problem.

Glad you got it figured out.

To be more precise on what your problem was, in the AC list is “Correct Metadata from Filename”. You can remove this entry entirely or you can edit its behavior under Prefs>File and Folder Correct>Correct Metadata from Filename tab in case you do want to use it. You can also check the “Only populate fields if empty” box which helps the AC when you bring in files that are all blank, but won’t molest files that already have tags.