SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Auto correct fails - Musicbrainz service marked as no longer available

New user here who bought the pro version.

I have been unable to use the application over the last two days. even with less than a hundred files I always get a MusicBrainz error. Application is useless as you know without this function.

I have a reliable and high-speed Internet connection.

I hope this can be fixed quickly.

Thanks

Bert

Bert, is it working for you now

Unfortonately Musicbrainz server did have an issue on Sunday/Monday because a rogue application was using all its bandwidth but this was fixed monday evening

http://chatlogs.musicbrainz.org/musicbrainz-devel/2012/2012-11/2012-11-26.html#T20-15-07-348029

Do you want me to email me your support files (Advance/Create Support Files) so I can confirm this ?

Works as of Nov 28, 13:32 EDT

Thanks for the quick reply.

Bert

Paul, I have e-mailed you a support file package as this issue started again 2 days ago and has yet to resolve itself.

Thanks for the support.
Bert

Hi, Ive taken a look at your logs and you are getting problems connecting to MusicBrainz and Discogs, in fact the error you are geting in each case is

java.net.SocketException: Address family not supported by protocol family: connect

so I don’t think the problem lies with Musicbrainz or Discogs but closer to home.

I’m not sure exactly what the cause of this issue is, but have you changed ethernet card, internet settings, firewall, Internet provider or anything else to do with your internet settings ?

Hi,

I have just uninstalled VirtualBox and rebooted in case that virtual NIC was the problem. The problem is now intermittent.

There have been no significant changes to my network over the last 8 weeks. but the app has only been on my system for about 2 weeks. Would an application reinstall help?

Is there a logger I can run to get this sorted out?

Thanks,
Bert

Hmmm,

The trial install of Jaikoz works fine on my laptop in the same network. A re-install on the original PC still yields the problem.

I noticed that even through an uninstall and reinstall cycle, the PC kept my preferences and licence. Could the problem be in the config files, something binding the app to something other that my live Internet connection?

Also tested with my PC Win7 firewall off and this does not resolve the problem.

Thanks for you help on this
Bert

Partial solution found!

Running the app as admin (on Win7 Ultimate 64-bit) allows the app to connect to MusicBrainz.

However it also disables drag from Explorer to the app. Strange indeed.

How would it be possible to run with switches to increase memory and allow admin permissions?

Thanks for

Hmm , well usually on Windows customers have one user who is also an administrator, but you have two different users right ?

Which one originally installed Jaikoz ?

[quote=paultaylor]Hmm , well usually on Windows customers have one user who is also an administrator, but you have two different users right ?

Which one originally installed Jaikoz ?[/quote]

Nope, I am using Windows’ ability to “escalate” permissions for a particular app.

Strangely, the user account I am running is also local admin but this seems to grant insufficient permissions to the app and yet is the one I used to install the app. :?: Moreover, all user accounts have internet access. I suspect an install bug of some sort, possibly a combo of Win7 + being 64-bit +Java.

We can test a bit, if you wish, as the app is far from mission-critical for me. Thereafter, I would like to know how to wipe the registry and filesystem clean for a fresh install.

Thanks for the continued support.
Bert

Hi, well nothing is written to registry , but a Jaikoz folder is created stored in your user directory (i.e C:\Users\username\Jaikoz) that you need to delete to completely wipe Jaikoz from your computer.

Im afraid Im no expert on Windows permissions, I think you know more than me about it, but I would suggest you just keep things simple.