SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Audio files not recognised?

I just upgraded to 2.7 today. I have several folders that contained .flac files. I wanted to play these back with itunes so I used Max 0.8.1 to convert those files to Apple lossless, .m4a. When I open the folder in Jaikoz I get this message “The following files are not recognized as audio files, they may be corrupt”. Come to think of it, I also had this problem with the prior release of Jaikoz, so I am not sure it’s a 2.7 issue only. These files will play back fine in itunes. Any ideas?

Please send me one of these files for testing to support at jthink dot net - it is the only way I can identify what the problem is.

Thanks for the files

First file:
Has no top level user data atom (udta) which is always expected. I’m not sure if this is valid or not need to do more research but was this file also create with Max or something different.

Second file:
Failed because it contained cover art, but the field that set what format the cover art was set to (JPG,PNG,GIF ecetera) was not set to any of the valid values. I have fixed Jaikoz to handle this case by scanning the image data itself to identify the correct format, and it if cannot just skip this field rather than fail to load the file completely. But seems there is a bug with Max so Ive raised http://trac.sbooth.org/Max/ticket/59

For now you can get round this by deleting the covr art in iTunes. Then you will be able to load file in Jaikoz ,and correct as required.

Thanks. Yes, all files where ripped with Max. I have a lot of files that are having this issue. I don’t know how many because Jaikoz only shows me the first 30. So what is the easiest way for me to be able figure out all of the files that Jaikoz says are corrupt? How do I delete the cover art from all of these files?

Thanks,
Steve

[quote=speters]Thanks. Yes, all files where ripped with Max. I have a lot of files that are having this issue. I don’t know how many because Jaikoz only shows me the first 30. So what is the easiest way for me to be able figure out all of the files that Jaikoz says are corrupt?
[/quote]
The console window is last tab in the Detail Pane of Jaikoz , this will list all the songs that cannot be loaded.

Well you can’t do it in Jaikoz because Jaikoz cannot load the files until the cover art is removed. You could do it iTunes one file at a time but Im afraid I cant think of another application that lets you bulk delete the fields like Jaikoz does.

I have run into the same problem. I converted a large number of .flac files to .m4a using AnyAudio Converter. I can’t open any of those files in jaikoz. I get the same error message as the original poster. Any ideas for a quick fix?

If AnyAudioConverter also has no top level user data atom (udta) which is always expected then I cannot load it into jaikoz at the moment, but it might be another reason so I’ll have to try it out

In the meantime you mighthave to stick with flac or use another converter or tagger for these files.

So I tried out AnyAudioConverter , but although it seemd to have converted by flac file when I went to the ouput folder it had just created an M4A folder with nothing in it, so I cant proceed. If someone could send me an example of a flac file converted to m4a using AnyAudioConveter I can take a further look at this.

Still no reponse from Max to the bug I raised :frowning: