SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Artwork problems Mac-version 3.6.0

Although using Jaikoz for several years I’ve had problems with artwork all the time, until I noticed that pictures below 400x400 are excepted only.

Since 3.6.0 I’m not able to store any artwork anymore: smaller or bigger, jpg or other type.

Don’t follow, more information please.

I have been having the same problem and think I can elaborate further: for second time in my history with Jaikoz, I have had a problem where I try to add artwork to my audio files and, though everything appears to have saved fine, the album artwork doesn’t appear on the actual files themselves. Upon reopening the files in Jaikoz, the artwork is indeed in the files, but, for some reason, Mac OS X isn’t displaying it. Also, when I import the files into iTunes, the artwork shows there as well, but not in Ecoute. I have then tried to open the files in Jaikoz again and remove the artwork and try to place it on the files using iTunes, but I get the same results.

I am using Jaikoz 3.6.0 and Mac OS X 10.6.4. The image files I have been using are JPEGs or PNGs.

I hope this explanation helps some. I know you can’t solve the problem with iTunes and Ecoute, but I used that part of my explanation to show how something weird is going on system-wide with album artwork.

So the artwork looks okay in Jaikoz and iTunes, but not in Finder and Ecoute, or is it not ok in iTunes either - Im unclear.

I can’t comment on Ecoute it may well be buggy, but Ive tried changing various settings within Jaikoz and resaving the files and havent yet encountered a problem with Finder or iTunes. If you have a file that is ok in Jaikoz and iTunes but not Finder could you email it me at support at jthink dot net so I can test it out.

[quote=paultaylor]So the artwork looks okay in Jaikoz and iTunes, but not in Finder and Ecoute, or is it not ok in iTunes either - Im unclear.

I can’t comment on Ecoute it may well be buggy, but Ive tried changing various settings within Jaikoz and resaving the files and havent yet encountered a problem with Finder or iTunes. If you have a file that is ok in Jaikoz and iTunes but not Finder could you email it me at support at jthink dot net so I can test it out.[/quote]

The artwork looks OK in Jaikoz and iTunes, yes, but does not show in Finder.

I’ll send you a file right away to show you what I mean.

Hi, received the file and I get the same results as you, so at least that is consistent - but I don’t know what the problem is at the moment.

If the artwork is something you have on your local disk seperately could you send that as well, have you tried adding the artwork using another program such as iTunes , and does that work.

I have tried adding artwork with iTunes and have gotten mixed results. Some of the files I’ve added artwork to show the artwork in Finder and some do not. Before trying to do this, I would delete the artwork that I tried adding with Jaikoz and would try again with iTunes.

I’ll e-mail you the album art image as well.

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to give you a heads up so you wouldn’t keep pulling your hair out. This is indeed a problem that cropped up around the last couple of weeks (after the last iTunes and Snow Leopard updates). Initially there wasn’t much info in any of the forums, so I contacted Apple Support to describe this changed behavior. They wanted to blame the issue on my use of Jaikoz for tagging my mp3 files but after some nudging, they looked into it and were able to duplicate the problem I was describing (namely that album artwork no longer showed up as the file icon in the Finder window or in the Quick View window when previewing an mp3). Once they were able to duplicate the problem, they elevated the problem and it now has an official case number. So it doesn’t have anything to do with Jaikoz as other non-Jaikoz using Apple users are seeing the same problem. Given some time, I’m confident Apple will issue an OS update to fix this recent bug.

You can read a little more on a MacRumors Forum thread here: