SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Artwork not updated

If I copy a MusicBrainz MBID to Jaikoz MB Unique Id and the song was analyzed before and had an Artwork, the Artwork is not updated of that song to the new Artwork, when I use Strg+Alt+6.

Another thing is, after I copied the MBID to MB Unique Id, I had to delete the MB Release ID to get Strg+Alt+6 to work. This is true for Jaikoz 3.8 Beta 2 and I think it wasn’t the case in Jaikoz 6.x. To delete the MB Release Id is not necessary, when the MB Unique Id has the focus.

[quote=Alfg]If I copy a MusicBrainz MBID to Jaikoz MB Unique Id and the song was analyzed before and had an Artwork, the Artwork is not updated of that song to the new Artwork, when I use Strg+Alt+6.
[/quote]
Thats because the default setting in Preferences/Musicbrainz/Autoformat/Artwork is Replace if better quality, you need to change this option if you always want to replace artwork.

[quote=Alfg]
Another thing is, after I copied the MBID to MB Unique Id, I had to delete the MB Release ID to get Strg+Alt+6 to work. This is true for Jaikoz 3.8 Beta 2 and I think it wasn’t the case in Jaikoz 6.x. To delete the MB Release Id is not necessary, when the MB Unique Id has the focus.[/quote]
Previously in Jaikoz 3.6.0 Jaikoz would have to do a track query for every track from Musicbrainz, now we just need to a release query and artist query (which maybe cached anyway) so if updating a 10 track album we only need to do 2 queries instead of 12. But this does depend on the track id field containing a track that is on the release with the associated release id.

In most cases you should be able to use Match tracks to specified Musicbrainz Release to avoid this problem.

Also whilst one track only links to one release in the current release of Musicbrainz in the NGS release a track can be on multiple releases so you’ll need a track id AND a release id to uniquely identify a recording in the near future.

So for these reasons I don’t think there is a problem to fix.

[quote=paultaylor][quote=Alfg]If I copy a MusicBrainz MBID to Jaikoz MB Unique Id and the song was analyzed before and had an Artwork, the Artwork is not updated of that song to the new Artwork, when I use Strg+Alt+6.
[/quote]
Thats because the default setting in Preferences/Musicbrainz/Autoformat/Artwork is Replace if better quality, you need to change this option if you always want to replace artwork.
[/quote]

Paul, you didn’t understand me,
the song, that was analyzed before was wrong. It’s really another song from a different album and it could be from a different artist too.

I do understand you, but don’t you think its a bit much for Jaikoz to realise that you have manually changed the uniqueid and therefore want to overwrite the artwork even though you dont want it to normally. After all it may be the case that even if you have done this you want to keep the artwork because the new release you have changed it to has the same artwork but it just a subtlely different release.

Of course you can get round this by deleting the values in the artwork field before updating.