SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Artwork not auto correcting

I opened various songs using Foobar and the album art looked perfect. So it is an issue with explorer and Windows Media Player. If I open the file in WMP, it is blocky.

Ok, can you send a screenshot so I can see what is meant by blocky, and another screenshot of Preferences/Save/Compatibility tab

Here you go:

I think this is a problem with WIndows Explorer

Take a look at Save/Preferences/Compatability and ensure Do not unsynchronize ID3 Tags is enabled, then resave your files using Force Save.

Does that fix it ?

That did it!

Thanks paultaylor. You rock!

Hi Paul,

I’ve read this thread and am still having difficulty getting Jaikoz to update artwork with images from Discogs. As far as I can tell I’ve adjusted my settings correctly in Preferences. This is my workflow:

1. Autocorrect Metadata from Musicbrainz server
  2. Autocorrect Metadata from Discogs server
  3. Update Metadata from Existing Musicbrainz ID
  4. Update Metadata from Discogs

Jaikoz does a fine job of retrieving the Discogs URL, but the artwork field doesn’t update with the higher quality image from Discogs. If the artwork field is empty, it doesn’t populate at all. I have double-checked to make sure that the release at the Discogs URL does in fact include an image for artwork.

Note that autocorrecting metadata from Musicbrainz often populates the artwork field just fine. However, sometimes the Discogs database has better quality artwork than the Musicbrainz server, and sometimes Discogs will provide an image where there is none on Musicbrainz. I’d like to be able to use both sources where necessary.

I’m not sure at what point the issue arose, because I clearly remember this function working for me in past Jaikoz releases.

Preferences/Musicbrainz/Format/Artwork is set to “Replace if better quality”
Preferences/Remote Correct/Discogs/Artwork set to “Always replace value”
Local Correct/Artwork correct - these are all set at the default values

I’m running Jaikoz 3.11 on OSX. Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

I have noticed recently that looking up DIsocgs urls seems to timeout sometimes, whereas before it didnt. I think something must have changed at Discogs end and I’ll have to introduce a retry mechianism.

However I only get the problem that it sometimes fails to retrieve it, not always fail, anyone else seeing this ?

Discogs have changed something, Im going to have to do another release to fix this.

Release 3.11.1 resolves this issue

Works great now. Thanks for fixing this, Paul!