SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Artwork downloader suggestion

The only real gripe I have about this program is lack of controlled, semi-automatic artwork download process using google images.

Yes i know, they are often low quality, inaccurate, whatever else. But when you use proper search mechanics, like only 1:1 ratio, only big images, first few artworks are very accurate and high quality (above 1000px) and more often than not they are from Discogs or MusicBrainz.
There are also cases when music you have is not recognized by MusicBrainz and Discogs. There is no way to download artwork for them in current version.
There is only one program available that advertises it can do something like that but unfortunately it hasn’t been updated and sadly doesn’t work.
I’m talking about this MediaMonkey addon.

I would love to hear your thoughts about this idea and sorry for any spelling/grammatic mistakes, i’m not a native speaker.

Yes you make a fair point, as you say even if Jaikoz cannot match to MusicBrainz/Disocgs if it find likely looking artwork form somewhere else that is better than no artwork.

I do have a technical iussue with this though it doesn’t seem to can actually make use of Googlesearch from an application apart form in a very limited way, anyone know different ?

I didn’t dabble in java langauge much but I found this after quick google search. Could it be of any use to you ?

And sorry if this was known to you and I’m just linking something obvious to find.

ah I think that is new, looks promising.

Hey Paul,

Have you considered using the fanart.tv API? It only provides 1000px, but they’re moderated to ensure quality, no scans, and 1:1. Also, they use MBIDs (release IDs).

Holy shit, I just realized how old this is. Sorry for digging it up. I still think it’s a good idea, though :wink:

Yes, it is under consideration