SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Artist/Album panes sometimes don't update with correct data

for instance if i rename an artist, it changes most in the pane, but not all. so today i have (hed) pe and (Hed) P.E., i changed all to (hed) pe for artist and album artists, i scrolled through the file list thats loaded and they are all changed but in the pane above they are not, i have 2 listings now.

Ah, when you correct using Musicbrainz it updates the artist field AND the artists field, the artists field is useful when a song is credited to multiple artists because you can store those multiple artists in it seperately.

But when you correct the artist field manually it DOESNT update the artists field.

The Column browser uses the artists field in preferences to the artist field , so that is why you are seeing this problem. It uses the artists field in preference to the artist field because if it is a release credited to multiple artists such as �Johnny Cash and June Carter� the artist field will store �Johnny Cash and June Carter� whereas the artists field will store �Johny Cash� and �June Carter�separately so that both are listed in the pane allowing you to filter by both or one or the other.