SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Another Memory Error Question

Sorry to ask a question which seems to have been asked multiple times, but I think I need this to be spoon-fed to me. I am experiencing the error indicating that I do not have enough memory.

I am running Vista Home Premium 64 bit I have a quad core processor with 6GB of RAM.

My library is about 17,000 songs.

The instructions for changing the BAT file say:

windows:jaikoz.bat
java -Xms150m -Xmx300m lib\jaikoz.jar -l2 -m2 -f
becomes
java -Xms150m -Xmx300m -XX:MaxPermSize=150m -jar lib\jaikoz.jar -l2 -m2 -f

When I go to edit my BAT file, however, it includes the following string:

java -Xms150m -Xmx400m -XX:MaxPermSize=150m -jar lib\jaikoz.jar -l2 -m2 -f

Given the stats of my computer, what can I change this string to in order to get the most memory?

Also, I assume that once I change the BAT file and save it, in order to run the program with the correct memory settings, each time I want to launch the program I first run the BAT file and then I run the app file - correct?

Thanks,

Andy

Jaikoz.bat and Jaikoz.exe are two slightly different ways to run Jaikoz.

OK if using Jaikoz.bat, by default 400mb is allocated instead of 300mb (the help is slightly out of date) , just change this value to a higher value to increase memory e.g -Xmx800m, then run Jaikoz.bat to start Jaikoz.

But this only effects the bat file, IF you want to use the Jaikoz.exe file instead you need to modify its properties instead as follows:

Find the Jaikoz.exe shortcut in your Start menu,right click and select ‘Properties’
Edit the value in target using the -JmaxHeap parameter. For example if the target field currently contains C:\Program Files\Jthink\Jaikoz\jaikoz.exe", change to C:\Program Files\Jthink\Jaikoz\jaikoz.exe" -Jmaxheap=512000000 sets the max memory to 512 megabytes.