SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Analysis has improved

Hi Paul,
as you might remember, I had issues with creating acoustic fingerprints PUID’s on my Mac and your hint helped me to move them around to my laptop on windows. there they printed fine, but out of curiosity I tried some of the files on the Mac again, and roughly 75% of them got printed fine now :stuck_out_tongue: .

Were there any changes to the MusicIP part of Jaikoz, or fixed the guys at MusicIP some issues?

anyway, thanks and keep it up!
cheers

I agree. Also faster it seems

[quote=iwerner]Hi Paul,
out of curiosity I tried some of the files on the Mac again, and roughly 75% of them got printed fine now :stuck_out_tongue: .
[/quote]
The problem you reported has still not been fixed by MusicIP so I dont understand this.

I did solve a threading problem that could cause random files to fail with FWK005 , and Ive also fixed a Windows only problem anlysing files with 2 bytes characters in ther filename.

hmmm … the funny mysteries of tech :wink:

I went back and jaikoz’ed several massive directories and many more songs now have acoustic ids than before. This is on a mac…so I have no idea what happened before but it really does seem to generate more now.

Just a wild thought but perhaps the Mac is caching web hits?

Paul did make a change to blast through web caches earlier this year.

If you had an error on a query then the cache would continue to return the same error thus if MusicIP had a problem which created the error but would be solved on a retry then you wouldn’t see the correct answer.

I haven’t looked at the history on this particular issue so it really is just a WAG.