SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Album Collection Tagging

I notice that Jaikoz struggles with a collection of albums sold as one package, more often than not naming the original individual albums rather than the overall collection.

For an example I’ve just tagged UFO’s The Complete Studio Albums 1974-1986 using the auto-tag function. As the collection does not exist on ,the tagger has tagged the individual albums as the originals. However the collection does exist on Discogs (https://www.discogs.com/UFO-The-Complete-Studio-Albums-1974-1986/release/6771341) but the tagger will never look for that as it already has the associated individual discogs urls from the musicbrainz releases.

For reference the folder structure as it stands is:

Artist - Year - Album/Artist -Year - Original Album1/Track - Title
Artist -Year - Original Album2/Track - Title
\t\t etc

I had the same problem with a Talking Heads album collection where the folders were a little better

Artist/\tYear - Album/CD 1 - Original Album1/Track - Title
\t\t CD 2 - Original Album2/Track - Title
etc

Is there any way to correct this behaviour other than a manual match to specified discogs release?

Since your folder structure groups songs by their original album rather than the overall collection Jaikoz will always try to match to those smaller grouping rather than than the overall release, and for most people this would be the correct behaviour.

Making use of the Match to Song to Specified MusicBraunz/Discogs[Album option or Match to One MusicBrainz/Discogs Album would be your best solution.

[quote=paultaylor]Since your folder structure groups songs by their original album rather than the overall collection Jaikoz will always try to match to those smaller grouping rather than than the overall release, and for most people this would be the correct behaviour.

Making use of the Match to Song to Specified MusicBraunz/Discogs[Album option or Match to One MusicBrainz/Discogs Album would be your best solution.[/quote]

Makes sense thanks