SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Album Art Problem

Bene using 3.3.2 for a while had no problems, however once updating to the newest version I am having problems with album art!!

See below all my album art is coming up as:

On W7. All help appreciated :smiley:

If every file has this image I assume you are running Local Artwork Correcter and all your songs are in a single folder. If so Jaikoz assumes that your songs are within a single album and applies any artwork found there to the songs in that folder but there is an upper limit of forty songs in one folder, if it finds more than forty songs in the folder it doesnt apply the artwork.

Could this be your issue, if not please send your support files.

It could be but I am using Auto Corrector, where would it finding the image? As that image was not in the original folder.

If you dont have this file on your harddrive best to send me your support files (Advanced/Create SUpport Files)

Is it really all filles ?

I can see for
C:\Users\Home\Music\Albums\Rihanna - Rated R (2009)
that you did run Local Artworrk Correct and it added two pieces of artwork for these files.

For all the other folders you processed I cannot see anything unusual

What does it do though? Anyway I can reverse the process? I tried it with another album and they show fine on the window when it does it, but when I play them in WMP or view them as thumbnails they appear fuzzy like the picture.

Are you actually complaining that all your artwork is corrupted rather than all the artwork shows exactly the same artwork ?

Iā€™m not too sure what is causing it, artwork seems corrupted, I can see Jaikoz is downloading correctly but once it is saved to the tags they seem corrupted.

Try changing the value of Preferences/Save/iTunes Compatbility/Do not Unsynchronize tags and then Force Save your files, maybe Media Player likes/doesnt like unsynchronized tags

Check my standard replies to this problem:

and

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itpromedia/thread/d4ca2ba8-2787-4923-8f05-f79d82e47dad

• seems to be a problem with Jaikoz writing the headers and mp3tag fixes them

There is a bug with Windows Media Player on Windows 7, look at the top new items at http://www.id3.org/

If you are not on Windows 7 did you try changing the value of Preferences/Save/iTunes Compatbility/Do not Unsynchronize tags and then Force Save your files as I suggested earlier because think this is the problem that Windows Media Player struggles with larger artwork if they are/not synchronizd

If they are working after resaving with Mp3tag it would be because by default Mp3Tag is saving them using the opposite option, if Jaikoz had corrupted the images then Mp3tag wouldnt be able to read them properly in the first place.

Actually, I had the same problem when updating from an older version of Jaikoz to 3.4.4. I had been able to tag cover art before without an issue on Windows 7 (it would show correctly in both explorer and WMP, and for some reason, 3.4.4 brings what ā€œappearsā€ to be corrupted art.

However, the funny thing is if I enter a program like foobar or MP3tag, the artwork will show OK. It is only in windows explorer and WMP where it will show corrupted. My initial solution (albeit not ideal), is just to enter MP3Tag, and re-save the file without making any changes to it. For some reason, MP3Tag does some change to the tag that will now allow explorer and WMP to view the artwork correctly.

For the recordā€¦ I have tried saving the files both on a synchronized and unsynchronized options and it doesnā€™t seem to do anything. There might be an issue with the way 3.4.4 is tagging the artwork.

Ok, Iā€™ll investigate in more detail, but Unsynchronized/Synchronized option might be the issue , simply changing tihs option and resaving the file will only effect modified fields to get it to modify all fields you need to set Preferences : Save : ID3v2 : Save Existing Fields using these Encoding Preferences (Or you could just change the title of the artwork field to force the change). Iā€™m unaware of any code changes in 344 that would cause any problem.

Many thanks paultaylor!

I had this same issue and I found that when I followed your instructions in this thread it resolved my problem.