SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

album art not working correctly

I have problems with the album art with last jaikoz version. Started with very low quality (different topic) due to “resize if greater than parameter” that had gone to the smallest value. After fixing that when fixing metadata with $1 for every cd there appeared album art, but in the bottom of the screen the tab album art still showed the sign of no album art (a cd with yellow exclamation mark). But after saving and looking to the same files in other programs now album art was shown. When reloading in jaikoz album art was not there at all and when again doing $1 does not appear at all anymore.

Is it possible to get an older version because I keep getting problems with this version just as I was going to use it intensively for a while.

grtz
ingrid

Additional information that might be helpful. When I load a cd which has album art and change the artist for one song manually and undo the change and save then upon next reload of that same album in jaikoz that one song has no album art any more. So saving a file removes the album art.

Please see last post at http://www.jthink.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/1620.page for solution, and sorry for the inconvenience.

hi thinks for answer but the url in the last topic is pointing to an non existing page…

eh, its working for me.

But if still not working for you I mean my reply to my own Jaikoz 3.8.1 announcements in the Announcements sub forum

Yes I do get to that page that you mention but there is the url to the issue 1 of the issue list and I now see that it did not work because the url in the announcement reply which leads to issue 1 is immediately followed by a comma. But anyway i deleted the jaikoz db but it makes no difference. You see already when you load songs with pictures that it doesnot recognize them because on the bottom is a cd with yellow exclamation mark. And that is before you do anything in jaikoz at all.

is there anything else i can try. can restarting the pc make any difference?

It has worked for everyone else, but perhaps you just have a problem with a particular album, perhaps you could send me your support files (Advanced/Create Support Files)

I was a little to fast. I removed it again and restarted pc. Now existing album art is recognized and not removed any more so there is a change. But with autocorrect no album art is added to songs without album art. Have tried different cds from different artist like moby and metallica so there must be some album art out there. what kind of info do you need for further investigation?

Send me your support files with details of the the albums you tried to lookup artwork for and failed (MB Release Id and Discogs Release Url fields)

it is ignoring the files that already have an discogs and/or music brainzid. when i remove the metadata related to discogs and musicbrainz then album art is added again. maybe that will help furher or do you still want the support files?

‘Autocorrect from Musicbrainz’ is designed to mtach songs that are not currently matched, to update songs with any later information that have already been matched use ‘Update Metadata from Musicbrainz’

Thank you. I have found it. This has never been a problem before but because I corrected songs now with the album art problem because of the database I ended up with songs with music brnz id but without album art.

I must say it is very hard to find in the menu because the translation to dutch is really sometimes bad the last two versions I think. Sometimes you can understand what is meant because it makes sense when you translate it word for word to english but sometimes I cannot make sense of it.

So that makes it very hard to search for things yourself.

But it is working again so thank you very much for helping.

kind regards
ingrid

[quote=ijagt]
I must say it is very hard to find in the menu because the translation to dutch is really sometimes bad the last two versions I think. Sometimes you can understand what is meant because it makes sense when you translate it word for word to english but sometimes I cannot make sense of it.

So that makes it very hard to search for things yourself.[/quote]

I understand but I dont have the resources to get spot on translations, if you have time to provide me with better translations for any of the text I will be only too pleased to put them into the next release. There even is a tool and easy instructions for making more comprehensive improvements http://www.jthink.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/102.page

Hi oke I understand. I do not know if I have time for that but maybe I can correct some things. I downloaded prb editor but cannot find dutch properties file. where should that be?

ah the Jaikoz installation folder, but assuming you are on the Mac it is a bit trickier to get to the files

Go to Applications
Right Click on Jaikoz and select ‘Show package Contents’
Navigate to Contents/Resources/Java
Copy the .properties file to another location
Now start PrbEditor
Point it to Jaikoz.properties
Then it will show you a list of other languages (relating to each of the other languages), just select the dutch flag

Hi
Okay it works. I will have a look at it and see if I can make some better translations.
with kind regards,
ingrid

Thanks Ingrid

Actually that was the old link, there are clearer instructions at http://www.jaikoz.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/1495.page#6243