SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Album art not properly displayed

Hi,

I just updated to Snow Leopard and I’m using Jaikoz 3.8.3 now.
Before I did both updates I could simply drag and drop album art pictures directly from Safari to Jaikoz and they were added perfectly to the mp3 file.
If I do the same thing now, a picture is added in Jaikoz, but it only is a one colored rectangle. The color seems to depend on the color of the album art I try to add.
I also tried to save the cover file first to my local disk and add it through Jaikoz afterwards, which also had the same result.
The album art file I tried to add is a jpg 280x280. Nothing special about it as far as I can say. I also tried another file, which had the same result.

Do I miss something?

Best regards,

Michael

Please check the value of
Preferences: local Correct : Artwork Correct : Reize Artwork if Larger than this side

because this has been incorrectly set on some upgrades

Hi Paul,
Thank you for your quick help, even right on Christmas!
I can see the artwork in Jaikoz now.
Unfortunately I seem to run across another problem now. The artworks are neither displayed in the Finder nor in iTunes. I saw another thread about this issue earlier. Gonna check it out tomorrow.
Best regards,
Michael

Still having problems with the artworks.
I can drag and drop the images now and they seem to look fine as a thumbnail in the Jaikoz list view. They are not viewed in the Jaikoz summary view at the bottom of the window. Instead I get a graphic showing a disc and an exclamation mark icon. I can save the files, but the artworks don’t seem to be added. Closing Jaikoz and opening it again, they are also gone in the list.

The same result with songs I bought at Amazon.
I can see them as thumbnails, but not in the bigger preview in the summary.
If I make changes on those files in Jaikoz (even if I keep the artworks untouched), save and open them again, the artworks are gone in the list as well. I get the icon with the disc and the exclamation mark as well.

I wonder if I’m the only one with this problem?
Is something messed up with my installation?

Yes sounds like problem wiith upgrade please delete database as described for Issue 1 at http://www.jthink.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/1246.page

Great, problem solved.
Thank you very much!