SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Adding composers to start of Album Title

I have a largely Classical library of music. The app I use to play it is Roon.

I have already done quite a lot of work with another music tagger. This includes inserting composers’ names at the beginning of album titles so that albums will display alphabetically by composer.

There are a few cases where a single name does not suffice. I’ve just come across this with Bach. I have albums of music by JS, JC and CPE. So I’ve prefixed the album titles with Bach, J S, Bach, J C and Bach, C P E as appropriate.

If I set SongKong to Add composers to start of album title, it removes the initials so the music of the three composers gets all mixed up. If I don’t set SongKong to Add composers to start of album title, it removes their names.

How can I set SongKong to leave album titles as they are?

Ok so what is happening here is that according to MusicBrainz the album that SongKong matches to does not include the composer in the album title, so if you have the option disabled the composers are not added. If the option is enabled the composers are added, but currently Songkong only ever adds the lastname because usually this is enough.

I think for now the best approach would be to:
-enable the option and run it through your library
-use Manual Edit to modify the cases that need initials added
-on the Classical tab add album to the list of classical fields to Only modify these fields if empty so then subsequent runs will not overwrite your manual changes.

Thank you for your prompt and helpful reply, Paul. Just to make sure I understand how SongKong works, does album in the list of classical fields to Only modify these fields if empty mean Album Title?

And a supplementary question… Having created various Profiles to play with, is there a way of deleting those I no longer want?

Yes, that is correct

Yes, go to Preferences, select the Profile from the Profiles list then select Delete. (You cannot delete the current profile)

Thank you, Paul. That’s helpful.