SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Adding Album Art [Bug?]

Hi.

I’ve just purchased a licence for Jaikoz and it’s been finding my tags and updating files perfectly.

But now I’ve started to add album art to albums/demos that arn’t showing up when I search MusicBrainz. When I add the art and save the files, some files update fine, so don’t add the art and then others become corrupt and change the file names inot “temp48614” for example.

Is this a bug with the software or possibly the way the mp3s have been ripped?

Running 2.2.2 on Vista x64

Edit: This seems to be doing it now, even if the artwork is found on MusicBrainz.

Example of, adding some of the art, not adding it to others and then some files becoming temp files.

I’ve tried re-installing Jaikoz and Java, both most recent releases but it’s still happening.

Any help?

Hi, I dont quite follow you -are you saying that whilst in Jaikoz
You add some artwork to some files,
You save the files in Jaikoz
When you look in the folder some of the mp3 files have disappeared but temp files have appeared in their place. And the mp3 files dont have the artwork you have added.

Because in the screenshot you’ve sent all the mp3s do appear to have artwork, and it not clear to me that any files have gone missing.

Can you send me some more info and one of the mp3 files, one of the temp files and your jaikozuser0-0.log and jaikozdebug0-0.log files to support@jthink.net.

Hi.

The temp files used to be MP3s tracks 9 and 10. Tracks 5 and 8 dont have album art either, but everything was correct when I saved it inside Jaikoz.

I’ll get the information now and send it to that address. :slight_smile:

Cheers.

Edit: Email sent. :slight_smile:

Hi I am having the same issue as the previous post regarding getting temp files. Is it OK to delete these temporary files? What is their purpose? Does there presence signify that an error occurred? These temp files appear randomly and occassionally.

Their appearance jusk irked me as the appeared while Jaikoz was in idle mode (no action was invoked from within Jaikoz). I had the strange issue of having real mp3 files reduce in size (to less than 30KB (!!) while the temp files appear alongside these reduced files. The real mp3 files could not be read by the mp3 player making me lose mp3 files.

Any help to understand this would be greatly appreciated so I can avoid losing any more files.

Thanks!

George

George, the temporary files are used when writing changes to files - sometimes chnages are made to a new file and then it is renamed to the original filename rather than writing directly to the file. The files should be deleted automatically after changes are made I think there probably is a issue that sometimes causes these to be left.

Are you using your mp3s in another applications whilst making changes in Jaikoz. Because I can only think there may be an issue with two applications making changes at the same time, Jaikoz doesnt implement file locking because some file systems do not support file locking.

Paul,

Thanks for the help. Indeed, I have other applications running that look at the same directory - so this helps me a lot as I no longer get the temp files with those aps turned off.

It’s the only issue I have had with otherwise a real nice application.

Thanks again.

George