SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

About the SongKong with Roon category

Roon is a music player and server that provides a nice user experience. You can load your music library into roon and it will try and automatically match them to its database, but you will get better results if you run SongKong on your music files first. SongKong 7.0 provides a number of improvements to give near seamless import of your data from SongKong to Roon.

Any questions about using SongKong with Roon, please ask here.

@paultaylor - I am new here and do not (yet) downloaded a SonyKong software version. I want to be sure to get what I’ll need :slight_smile:
If I am wrong here with Roon/SongKong related queries, or if there is a thread where my queries are answered already, please point me in the right direction :slight_smile:

I do use Roon for quite some time now (having approx. 5,000 albums are in my library there) and I am happy with Roon. Unfortunately however, heavy editing in Roon causes trouble with the Roon performance. To avoid this, the Roon community recommends that an external metadata service shall be used.

My three main requests are:

1. editing tracks with “Recording location”
  2. editing tracks with “Recording start date” and “Recording end date”
  3. editing albums with “Original date of release”

I do need a programm (SongKong?) which would be able to ( a.) update the metadata sets as good and as complete as possible for all my albums in my library automatically, and ( b.) allows manual editing, and ( c.) will be recognized by Roon correctly (if “metadata preference - prefer file” is used).

Can you/SongKong help me with this issue? Which SonKong version to use (and how)?

All the best
Michael

@Jperkinski - given your title here in this community, maybe you can help me with me request (see post some days ago above). Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Hi Michael,

Ever so sorry I forgot to respond to your post.

So basically SongKong can do all your requests.

You can use Fix Songs with the Roon Profile to automatically identify and update metadata for your music, and this includes Recording location, Recording start date , Recording end date and Original date of release .

You can also manually edit these fields for those cases when SongKong doesnt find the information using the Edit Metadata task

You should use the latest version of SongKong available, this is currently 9.1.1

1 Like

@paultaylor - thank you ver much! Very much appreciated!
I’ll try to follow your suggestions within the next two weeks depending on the spare time my business will allow :slight_smile:
If I am having troubles at some point or another, I’ll contact you. Thanks!!